See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

2013 Scotland Bank Holiday dates

Total Posts: 270
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Just posted UK B/H dates and re-visited the .Gov website for the following Bank Holiday dates for Scotland, hopefully some may find them useful for planning breaks:-
29 March Friday Good Friday
6 May Monday Early May bank holiday
27 May Monday Spring bank holiday
5 August Monday Summer bank holiday
2 December Monday St Andrew’s Day Substitute day
25 December Wednesday Christmas Day
26 December Thursday Boxing Day
Ozzy
Total Posts: 314
don't scotland have easter monday as a bank holiday then?
Total Posts: 314
also with the 2 they get at New Year then the Scots get more bank hols than england??
Dunno what hols they get other than what is on the website, maybe the list was written by an Englishman that doesn't know. Have we got any Scottish people's that can confirm if the list is right or wrong...
Ozzy
Total Posts: 17
AND (if my memory serves me correctly) Scotland also has 'local holidays', which is where a town or district shuts down for the day.
Right, that's it... that's the last time I'm gonna try to be helpful, I'm taking my ball and going home.... Goodbye cruel world.......
Total Posts: 18
Verified
How about the Canadian and Irish Bank Holiday dates- they should keep you on top of the leader board!!
If I interpret that correctly, that's a bit harsh Bob, not sure that was called for...
Ozzy
Total Posts: 3
OK, so generally we don't get the Spring Bank Holiday (end of May), Easter varies - although most schools now close for at least Good Friday and Easter Monday, but like England most other stuff remains open. We don't get the end of August BH (and schools go back about 21st Aug 2013), I can't recall seeing one in early August either - but as Tractorbob3 mentioned, local holidays crop up all over - Local Marches, Gala Days, and the like can all close towns, villages and schools seemingly at random! Schools here break up at the end of June and go back mid August, the school Easter break is usually the first couple of weeks in April, they don't get a summer half term between Easter and Summer. Schools October week is usually around mid October, and they get a few days off mid Feb (Wed 13th-Fri 15th this year). Best to try and find the local holiday dates on the web for where you're going as dates vary across Scotland - we still have to do that and we've lived here for a few years now!
Hope that helps! Steve
Total Posts: 52
Great input guys- its brilliant to see more and more members interacting with the sites Forum sections.
Remember... If you have any ideas you'd like to see on the website, simply forward them to us, send them through to enquiry@caravanownersclub.co.uk or internally message our account: Why not add us as a friend too? CaravanOwnersClub.
ossyosborne has given us great feedback over the last few months, so again, a huge thanks. ENJOY! Sean @ Caravan Owners Club
Total Posts: 122
Hey Ozzie how bout the two weeks holiday usually last in Aug/first in Sept when everybody in Scotland entitled to two weeks holiday goes. most of Scotland shuts down I think they used to call them fairs weeks I spent a good few years working those two weeks in distilleries and breweries over hauling machinery when the Scots where on holiday
Total Posts: 8
That list is correct we don't get Easter Monday.