General

Inconsiderate Parking at Services

Total Posts: 7
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
We pulled in at Woodall Services M1 Northbound today and parked in the Caravans only area, I was sat in the car on my own when a couple in a small white sports car pulled up from the wrong direction and parked 4 ft from our bumper. when I poinyed out to them that it was a caravan only area and with a 6.4 metres caravan behind a Jeep Grand Cherokee we needed room to move out, her answer was can't you just reverse it. 30 odd foot of unit and she wanted us to reverse, when I got out and started to take photographs her partner decided to move it to the half empty general car park. Idiots was the choicest of my comments
Total Posts: 270
Don't you somtimes just wish you could use a 4x4 to it's best advantage and give the other vehicle a push...
Ozz..
Total Posts: 67
Ossy, I really do think that your comment about giving the other vehicle a push is not well advised. As a long term Land Rover owner I feel that anyone using a 4x4 to bully those who drive smaller vehicles is abhorent.

OK, can I take my tongue out of my cheek now?

I'm not saying that my foot ever slipped on the clutch on my old Defender 90, but if it ever had, an appropriate moment would have been when trying to get round a badly parked Volvo estate in the middle of a caravan section on a services on the A1. But, as I say, my foot didn't slip.
Total Posts: 270
Ahh Patrick,,, and of course I would never condone any course of action taken like that, I only said "don't you wish you could", not that I ever have or indeed would when someone parks that close that there is no physical way you can get your Toyota Hilux (that I may have had then) out of a roadside parking spot where some dunny head decided to give himself 10 foot of space in front of his car when he left it but damn near sitting under my front bumper..
Ozz
Total Posts: 155
The joys of owing a caravan never cease to amaze me especially when you park in the caravan parking area full of white vans.
Then there are the ones that are only long enough for a mini and a 320/2 van.