General

Sat Navs

Total Posts: 169
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 3 years ago
I bought a sat nav at the February caravan show at the NEC. Quite expensive at£299, but £100 pound cheaper than other similar Sat Navs with the same information of downloaded camp sites with different companies. Worked OK for the first couple of months, then started getting problems. It was a falcon navigator, so be carefull if you feel tempted, they are a bloody rip off. it seems as if there are only a few people working there, and when they don't return a call it is because they had to run someone to the hospital or were off sick. obviously not enough staff to cover each other. phone calls are never returned and you have to do all the chasing. i was sent replacement SD cards with nothing on and others which i had to upload myself. so if you are tempted at the next caravan show, DON'T
Total Posts: 228
First of all no matter where you buy things and no matter the cost you are protected by the sale of goods act, send them a letter if you know their address and state that the unit is faulty and under the act as mentioned they must either repair replace or refund and they must bear the cost of return, if no reply is forthcoming tell them you will get trading standards involved, good luck.
Total Posts: 169
I have been in contact with Falcon Sat Nav people and have now received a new sat nav which seems to be working ok. I told them i would come to their stand at the next nec show and tell them in a loud voice how useless they were if they continued to ignore me. seems to have worked. so keeping my fingers crossed, but will still make sure i visit their stand