See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

part exchange

Total Posts: 169
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
took caravan in fo part ex; quote, and found damp around the front window. at dealers now for repair. hope it dos'nt take long. DAMN
Total Posts: 127
Hi Jim
Sorry to hear about your problem it seems that you are not the only one with damp around the windows on Swift caravans take a look at swift talk. I hope you get your caravan sorted asap. Our caravan is going back to the Swift factory in December this is the second swift caravan we have owned which as had to go back in 4 years.
Hi Chris
I got my van back from the dealers the other day after having the damp panelling replaced. took it back for the part ex, and, again damp was found round the window. Could not believe it. The dealer even showed me the readings and the damp wood. Went back to the dealers who done the repair and was told this is normal. they just put on the new wall board and the frame dries out on its own, but don't worry it should be ok in 3 months time, but as it's winter time it may take longer. Absolutely gob smacked. my reply is unprintable and i had to get the dealers to hand over some new wall board and the other dealer said he will remove boarding, dry out frame with heaters and dehumidifiers and fix it himself. the original repairers said Swift actually accept this as a repair. so good luck with your dealings with Swift, Chris, and keep us up to date
Posted: 4 years ago
Hi Jim
Sorry to hear about your problems with your repairs. Don't worry when my caravan goes back to the factory we are picking it person and if we are not happy with the repairs the van is staying at the factory.
HI chris
I am so disgusted with the dealers, there is no way we are going back. We have now put our van in for part ex and are now getting an eldiss with fixed single beds, so more room and comfort. can't wait
Great news Jim I hope enjoy new caravan and have problem free caravanning like it should be
am certainly looking forward to it chris. i think it was in the dealers after every trip. and having to go from kent, over the dartford crossing then back again was no joke
Hi Jim
Have got your new caravan yet or have you a delivery date yet. We are considering of throwing the towel in and selling our caravan after it comes back from the Swift factory. As we have lost faith in our Swift caravan
hi chris, caravan being delivered to dealers about 17th of this month. but we are getting a few additions to it first. so should be about early january. sorry to hear about your problems what happened with your van
Thanks Jim
We have loved caravaning over the years but we have problems with our second Swift caravan having to go back to the factory we have lost heart in our caravan. plus I have been hit with health issue just 2 weeks ago out of the blue.

All the best
Chris
hi chris,

are you o/k. you sound down. i suffered health problems the other year and lost a year caravanning. i eventually pulled through and carried on with my trips. your caravan will be back and you can then look forward to the next season. so keep your chin up chris, and think of all of the good times

jim
Thanks Jim our caravan is going to the dealers this Thursday morning ready for Swift to collect it next week. Then Thursday afternoon I should get my results from the hospital I have the biopsy done Wednesday and the CT scan done today every thing as happened so fast in the last 3 weeks.
hi chris

the caravan is the least of your worries. your health is uttermost in yours and the families lives. i wish you all the best and keep my fingers crossed that all turns out well. make sure you keep your friends on the caravan owners club site updated chris.

jim
Thanks Jim
I have had a laugh today one of mates popped round to tell me about is weekend away in his new caravan first night his dog was sick all over the front seats of the caravan and the second night the battery charger failed in the new caravan so the heating etc also failed because the battery was flat the joys of caravanning and listening to my mate moaning about he as paid X amount of pounds and the caravan let him down and the dog doesn't like the seats of the caravan.
apart from the dog, the faults sound like my faults. he hasn't bought my old van has he
No Jim
Its a new Bailey he part ex his 2005 Bailey which gave him trouble free years. But I am glad he didn't buy a new Swift Continental or Elegance as new owners seem to be having big problems. Next weekend he is staying at the dealers own field and he as told me any problems he wants it fixing whilst he is there I would love to be a fly on the wall if he as problems.
hi chris
i have heard a lot of negative reports on the new baileys. we had intended to get a bailey rimmini but was told there was a lot of damp issues in their new build vans. so opted for the compass range. so good luck to your mate and i'll make a point of steering clear of his dealers field next week