See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Which way do you point your aerial?

Total Posts: 14
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
When travelling I always point my aerial to the rear of the van as per the instructions, but I'm always amazed at the amount of vans on the road with the aerials pointing forward.
Just thought I'd ask.
Cheers
John
Total Posts: 314
read in practical caravan this month that oneof the writers who has been caravaning for years has beenpionting his the wrong way as well?!?!
Total Posts: 9
I find I get a better signal pointing forward (just to throw a spanner in the works) but that could be just where I have taken the van! Does anyone else see these benefits?
think they are talking about when on the move??
Total Posts: 270
Evening Davi, hadn't really taken much notice until you mentioned it , ours came with the pointy end looking forwards and that's how it has stayed and been towed... until the next time we go out, according to the manufacturers it seems the pointy end should be pointing rearwards to "reduce the possibility of damage while travelling". So it just goes to show this site is worth it's weight in chips...
Ozzy..
Was told when we picked up our new van a few weeks ago that the red dot (that indicates the pionty end!) defo pionts to the rear when traveling & to make sure you put the aeriel right down, apparently some people don't????
Total Posts: 270
Okay, so you saw me leaving the site in Skegness with the aerial up until some very nice caravanner flagged me down and told me I'd left the thing up.. Technology eh??.
Ozz..
I may well have seen you as I travel into Skeggy everyday with my work delivering gas cylinders to sites & see many tourers doing stuff that you wouldn't think possible!! lol
Total Posts: 155
Dependent on the instructions for your ariel ours points forward as per manufacturers spec.
Total Posts: 39
I have a Status 315 so it just stays put