General

9000 members &

Total Posts: 314
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
why are very few people posting anything on the forum when there are nearly 9000 members?!?!?!
I am disapointed that there isn't more social hubbing going on. Maybe we should ask who the soon to be 9000 members are? Clearly they are not computer social network enthusiasts.
I thought at first that this was a site for touring caravans, but there appears
to be a lot of huge holiday parks with static caravans.
As a small site owner I would like the opportunity to chat to other site owners and caravanners. Those who come to our campsite often become our friends and we look forward to seeing them again. This could be the perfect site to keep in touch. I am also not sure about the competetive 'leaderboard' stuff. One could give it a go... but then you have been really active this month, and I would think it takes some doing (good luck to you!!) ... but for anyone like me it would pay to start posting at the beginning of next month to be in with a chance of a tempting prize. So is this what others are doing??? Or are most of the members part of the advertising fraternity on here.. myself included...and simlply not into chat!!
I hoped that the forum would have taken off better & people would be giving their ideas on all stuff touring?? but no one seems to be very chatty??
I also hoped there would be a lot more reviewing of sites, surely the 9000 must have some people who have been to sites & can give areview?? also there must be loads of items poeple can review?? & most caravaners do some walking or cycling?? why not give everyone your best routes??
I have been active as you say but not just for the prize I have had a lot of new stuff recently to review & been doing a lot of walks, etc, I was hoping my posting,reviewing, etc would get everyone else posting to, but it seems not & I don't know why??? I have made a few suggestions like a section to review our caravans & one for our towcars, along with a few others, but nothing seems to happen??
Heres hoping that people get posting, reviewing, etc very soon??
Total Posts: 67
It's a bit like being the first ones to a party. There's no one else about and there isn't any party atmosphere, but you do get first dibs on the food and booze.

A few years back I started a Land Rover club and forum and the reality is that it takes a long time and a lot of work by a dedicated few to get things like this off the ground. But this has all the makings of a very good forum in that there are a few people out there putting in the posts. Which is why I think the leader board is such a good idea. Not that I want to win it - I don't know what the prizes are - but that it generates the volume of posts so that the rest of us have something to read and comment on.

Probably the hardest part of joining a new forum is putting in your first new topic, so there have to be plenty of ongoing topics for the newcomers to read.

So give it time, the ones putting in all those posts are doing a damned good job.

On the subject of 9000 members, a lot of them will want the forum all up and running before they'll venture in, so they are probably having a peep in every now and then and one day they'll all start to contribute.

Good post!
I don't post for the prizes (even thou I am leading!!) its to try & get people talking & passing on ideas, reviews, walks, etc, but as you say offen people don't like to start a topic,
I say go on we all need to know something & someone on here may know the answear??
I had a phone call asking if I wanted to join this club. We are a small very inexpensive hideaway site without electric hook ups. We were told it would take time to get known to those who want the peace and quiet that we have to offer. So I jumped at the chance to spread the word. I use facebook regularly and play facebook scrabble ( if anyone would like a game!!) so I take a quick peek in here most days.
As we have now passed the 9000 mark, as in the origional question then i would add that It is really encouraging to see so many 'views'. People are reading the posts!! So I say to them ' Hello Viewers' . If we were on facebook we could add 'like' when we read a post so how about a few one or two word replies... as Billy says GOOD POST!! or I AGREE!! or Well Said !!
At least then we could identify all the people who are interested and who have bothered to stop by.
Roz Hill
Total Posts: 67
Billy 1 said: "I don't post for the prizes (even thou I am leading!!) its to try & get people talking & passing on ideas, reviews, walks, etc, but as you say offen people don't like to start a topic,"

Very true. Of course it is very daunting to join a new forum and there is all this chat going on between people who seem to know each other, but probably don't. And the newcomer will probably feel that any question they ask will have been asked a thousand times before. Chances are they are right, it will, but every time I've asked a question, even when it has been asked before, there will always be someone to answer it. In fact I have one on water pumps - I just need to get the name of the manufacturer before I post it - that will send everybody groaning because it is so basic. But I bet I get an answer.