General

Dry Heat

Total Posts: 270
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
After posting on a different thread about night heating in your van, does anyone on the forum find that by leaving the van blower heater on ovenight even on a low setting gives them a dry throat in the morning, if yes, does anyone have any suggestion to counteract this (apart from the obvious don't leave it on over night)?
Ozzy
Total Posts: 18
Get a van with Alde radiators, temp control is much better than warm air and no dry throats.
Total Posts: 57
Yes Ozzy, that happens with us, you can reduce the effects a little by having the heater on 500 watts and leaving the fan off. Even when we do this we find that by 2.00 or 3.00 am the van is too hot, and this is in Jan and Feb. I wish I could afford an upgrade to a van with Alde heating but it is not going to happen for us.
Total Posts: 11
Have you tried to leave a small bowl of water out on the worktop this will cause the air not to be so dry as a small amount will evaporate overnight into the air

Regards

Chas
Evening All.
Thanks for the tips so far. Food for thought and a couple of ideas for next season (apart from the Alde, can't quite stretch to retro fitting to the Rimini but thanks anway)
Ozzy
Total Posts: 11
Posted: 5 years ago
Easiest way to elleviate the DRY THROAT..is to keep within arms reach of the bed......a CAN of beer................works everytime
Sounds like a brilliant idea, I think 'Er indoors may have something to say about it though, stil,,l, if I manage to get 'Er indoors to sleep in the awning, I might give it a try..
Total Posts: 155
You can try putting water in an unglazed teracotta pot on a plate or in front of one of the blower outlets.
This should work in a similar way to a radiator humidifier.
Total Posts: 14
Glad your heat comes out warm lol, by the time it's travelled round the pipes in our van it's Luke warm at best :(
But I do like the idea of keeping a beer by the bed, but for medicinal purposes only lol
Cheers John
Total Posts: 14
Glad your heat comes out warm lol, by the time it's travelled round the pipes in our van it's Luke warm at best :(
But I do like the idea of keeping a beer by the bed, but for medicinal purposes only lol
Cheers John
Total Posts: 314
Have found that my thoat is very dry if the blow heater is on in the ,may have to try some of these, beer sounds the best one!! lol
Total Posts: 228
Or better still drink the beer before you go to bed and plenty of it then you won't give a heck if the air is dry or not