Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

How do I add a walk or cycle route?

Total Posts: 52
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
Make sure you are signed in.
Click on the 'Visit Now' button under the Social Hub heading on the left hand side. This will take you to the Social Hub.
In the centre of the page under the title 'What do you want to do?' Click on the Cycle Routes and Walks icon. Clicking on either Cycle Routes or Walks wording depending on which you would like to add.
This will bring up a Google Map. On the Google Map there is a green and blue square in the bottom right hand corner. Click on this square and your away.

I hope this helps.
Remember... 5 easy leaderboard points for each cycle route or walk plotted with a good descripton.
Total Posts: 314
yea come on I love adding the ones I have been on & if everyone did just 1 we would have over 8000!!!!!!!!
Total Posts: 11
thanks i will give it a try. i enjoy getting out on the bike with the kids
Total Posts: 3
Posted: 6 years ago
I've a few cycle route to add, but then I click on the map, the route is in straight lines, and doesn't follow the road. Is it possible to fix this?
Total Posts: 122
Hi Dog walkers/ramblers/ cyclists .We Sandgrounders at sunny Southport have a combined track to the south of our town.The track follows the coast road south from town to Ainsdale on Sea. You can stick close to the road for wheel chair users or for the more abled you can use the track through the sand hills. You can park at the all day carpark off marine drive for £1.50 all day or park on the beach at Weld Road for free. Then follow the coast road to the Pontins Round a bout [ has a prefabricated model of aero plane in centre] oppisite is the Sands hotel (pub) good food great pint, alongside the pub is a dedicated wheel chair walk around lake to see wild life. Then on to the beach toilets on your left open March to October. can take car on to beach £4.50 allday parking. If walking turn right and walk back to Southport a long beach or foot path along side sand dunes. Not really suited for wheel chairs unless you stay on firm sand But I have seen people pushing, pushchairs, loads of cyclists watch out for the horses, Remember Red Rum won the Grand National twice ,Plenty of wild life total distance approx 4 miles. Famous for the rare Natterjack Toad. At Ainsdale there is a small wild life coastal museum which might be of interest to some folks. Sorry no map at present. Sandgrounder
Total Posts: 72
just added my first cycle route... not easy as it map area is limited when zooming in and out but apart from that a great idea to share walk and cycle routes near caravan site etc.
You can zoom in as far and out as far as you like before adding or whilst adding the route of your walk/cycle route, you can even alter the view from "map" to "satelite" to guide you more easily.

Hope this helps!
Total Posts: 102
I have followed your instructions to add walks but cannot find the way to add a review. Can you please give instructions for this too? Thanks
Hi Oldgirl48, I know that I have reply to you already by email but I thought maybe there are other members that would also like to know how to add a review, so ..

To add a review, find the site/maintenance company/shop product/attraction that you would like to review.

Click on the 'Reviews' tab, here all existing reviews on your chosen item will be displayed, it will also give you the option to add a review as well.

Just click 'Write a Review', enter your comments and submit.

I hope this helps
Total Posts: 3
Posted: 4 months ago
I try to do it,and it really helps me