General

Calling All Members - Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 52
Verified
Posted: 6 years ago
Introduce yourself to your fellow members, share experiences and knowledge through the Club website. Get started here!
Total Posts: 9
Please correct the mistakes below:
Hi Guys, thought i'd drop the first comment!
loving the site so far, great to see if growing slowly but surely, recently bought a new swift challenger 540, so next summer i plan on making full use on the privileged offers on sites etc, i think we should organise some sort of rally for the spring time? who thinks that would be a good idea?
Total Posts: 110
Hi that sounds good to me just one thing can we ban playing board games in the middle of the rally field in the rain !
thats what they did on the first and last rally that i went on so maybe we could think of some things that we could all do and enjoy ?
Total Posts: 270
Evening All
Shaun 'Ozzy' Osborne here, been a-caravanning for many years and had quite a few combinations, currently have a Bailey Rimini we bought early on in the season which we love to bits. Live in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and although not had as many trips out as we'd have liked in the Bailey this year due to work commitments looking forward to next year. Would love to take part in a rally, maybe Teecee's Boss & my 'Er Indoors can bring their mini frisbees from the NEC show so we can all play together...LOL... Don't be shy all, jump on in and introduce yourselves...
Best Wishes.. Ozzy
Total Posts: 314
Hi all, Gary Kidd here (billy a nickname from school, billy the kidd), picking up the new van on sat! a bailey pegasus genoa, so will let you know my thoughts soon!! go most weekends in the van all year round, sometimes not to far from home & travel to work for a week if the Mrs is off. Think if we could sell the house we would get a big one & live full time touring
Cheers, billy1
Total Posts: 11
hiya guys, im kim know by most as kimbo. we recently got a abbey lancaster. she is an old van but lovely. went away to try her out last weekend the kids love her. i cant wait for the main holidays. we love camping have been going for about 6 years now after an expensive experience at butlin.
Total Posts: 9
Hi kimrolfe88 havent seen your name before - are you a new member?
sounds great - where do you normally go touring?
me and my wife enjoy visiting Bude!
Total Posts: 7
Hi - my wife and I bought our first ever caravan a couple months a go - a Swift challenger 584 sport. A fab size for just the 2 of us but we are selling up in the UK and going off to tour Europe with our cat with a view to fiinding somewhere to buy and settle down for the next 50 years or so! We did a trial week in Hawkeshead last month and loved it, a proper home from home. We'll maybe try a fortnight in Scotland end of this month whilst our house is on the market - anyone got any open all year sites they recommend in Dumfries ?
Total Posts: 314
good luck MPeel, our house has been on the market a year now & only 2 viewing!! a new built 4 bedroom in Lincolnshire for £179,000 is a bargain so its a slow market.
Total Posts: 7
Thanks Billy1 - don't be downhearted about your house sale - it doesn't matter how many viewings you have, you only need 1 person to want to buy it!
Hi Everyone Chas here we bought our first caravan about July time it is an Elddis ex 20 2/3 birth second hand van but in good condition, we tried it out 3 weeks ago and went to Filey Brigg which is just 40 min from were we live but the weekend was great and I can't wait to get out in her again soon so hope to get another weekend away before the weather turns. We live in North Yorkshire not to far from Scarborough..
Total Posts: 6
Hi,to all.busbuddy here,yep another new member.The wife and i have been caravanning for about 7 years,after years of camping with the kids.We love the idea of hitching up the van,and see where we end up.Made a lot of friends at various sites,but never been to a rally so far.We have aq coachman genius 520/4 se,its 1997 but in exellent condition,we had to go from 2 berth to a 4,because we cant get rid of the grandkids.ha ha.Its even better now weve both retired,we can go where we want when we want.We are in suffolk so quite good for most locations.
hi DPalmer
i signed up to the site when i went to the caravan show in feb i think this yr but never used it. we had a tent then but we got a caravan this yr well bout 2 months ago so i thought i would have a look on here again for help and advise.
Total Posts: 1
My wife and I took up Caravanning about 30 months ago after visiting an enthusiastic friend several times whilst camping in Norfolk...We stayed at the Country Club (as you do) whilst they had their 'van. We found the evenings around the Bar b q great fun and met lots of people who are now our friends, so took the plunge and bought a 'van. Regretfully, the same year my wife had a severe stroke which has left her disabled down the left side (wheelchair bound now) We did not let that stop us, so we had our Bailey Pegasus 514 converted with aids to help her get in and out, and fitted it out inside with a larger shower (we like to call it her wet-room) and grab rails etc.. In 2011 we were away every month from April until September, 7 trips, whilst this year we have had 6. We generally use caravan Club sites as the disabled facilities are second to none, but have strayed elsewhere a few times too once we surveyed the facilities for her. We found we love the life, it gets us away from the pressure of home, and although I take on the full caring whilst away (we have a carer for her at home) I find the breaks take the stress of daily routine away. Already planning next years trips.....
Hi Guys!

I am Roz Hill and I joined this site yesterday. Its looking good so far!!
We own a small site nr Ellesmere in Shropshire and I guess you could say I am here looking for customers, but it does look as though there is a lot more to offer and it could be fun too!
I have posted a thread about offering something unique and different. Its not everyones cup of tea but then if you try us I think you may find Phil and I friendly hosts with a will to please...
Hi everyone, we are an approved workshop in Suffolk, we carry out all types of servicing, damp repairs and insurance repairs, we are free with our advice and always willing to help if we can, we also offer a mobile service! check out our website at www.oakscaravansales.co.uk
Total Posts: 67
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi everybody

I joined here some time back and thought I’d said hello then, but can’t find my post so I’ll do it again.

My wife and I have come into the world of caravans kicking and screaming as both of us were adamant we didn’t want to travel around with a metal box on the back of the car. Then we got a dog and stopping at hotels with a dog is not as convenient as it was with just the two of us.

I was a Land Rover fanatic for many years and we even had our Defender 130 converted into a camper, but that was very cramped and not the most comfortable vehicle to drive. So we bought a small caravan and after a lot of mucking about realised that was cramped too.

To cut a long story shorter we got rid of the caravan and the Land Rovers (they tend to come in groups) and started again. So we now have a 2006 Elddis Avante 636 caravan towed by a Ford Transit day van. The van (van van, not cara van) is ex-RAC so guess what colour it is? At least we can’t lose it in car parks. That has been fitted with alloy wheels, side windows and had the interior fitted with lining, a couple of seats, a small loo and facilities for making tea. The last two items are indispensable for those of our age.

The caravan has been converted to a two-berth (by removing stuff) from the six-berth intended by Elddis, although what it would be like with six people inside I dread to think.

So far we have used our rig for a couple of short trips in the UK and four weeks in France last June. We are off mid-January for four to six weeks to sample the climate in Alicante.

And before you ask, no it isn’t always easy getting on sites with a Transit pulling a twin axle. As I have explained to my wife, asking the campsite owner if he wants his drive covered in block paving doesn’t help. It isn’t clever and it isn’t funny.
Hello, One and All...Now this is going to sound a little strange..But I own and operate Caravan-Assist, Nice small and freindly business, Which does what it says on the van......We ASSIST the caravaning fraternity (Plus the Motorhomers).

We have a business profile within this site, Covering from our Two depots, The south coast (Portsmouth,Southampton, Winchester and area's slighty further afield.) Our Sister company in the Midlands covers the M5,M42,M6 & M5 corridors. Southern region is operated by myself (Graham) and the Midlands is operated by my Partner (Tom).

Both Tom and myself are fully conversant with the needs of the social caravenner and as such we both partake in leasure weekends, Between us we have an extensive knowledge of the industry BOTH trained to the very high standards of MCEA (Mobile Caravan Engineers Association) and both have current up to date GAS safety certificates. We also pride ourselves on our levels of safety and good working practices ( IE Carpets covered prior to any work being undertaken, Soft shoes, and respect for other peoples property).Both Tom and I also consider it important to have all out tool certificates (Torque wrenches and calibration items) tested every year,Plus we both carry Liability insurance to the value of £1m labour and £1m product.

Well thats a brief introduction of ourselves and our company.

Thank you all for taking the time to read it.

Happy and Safe caravaning, Lets hope you only need us for service items.

Graham AKA Pylie
Total Posts: 155
Hi all,
I'm Charles Mills, only been caravanning for 2 years and have already vanned ocross Europe.
Before that we camped with a tent that was twice as big as our caravan,but its gray to be able to go away all year long.
Planning Austria next via Luxembourg as diesel this year was 99 cents a litre, so we should have a cheap holiday as we use camping cheques and acai.
Have fun everyone.
Total Posts: 3
Hi,I'm Dave/Angela from Guildford,Surrey,been on South Lytchett Manor Caravan and Camping Park,been there for something like 28 years,we move around quite a bit,but not with the caravan,that stays put at the moment.We've only had the Lunar Lexon 640 for a couple of years,previously had the Bluebird European static until the latest owner in his wisdom decided that he did'nt want it on there anymore.Not a bad site,owner has invested a lot of money upgrading.We do the odd trip to Jersey or Guernsey.Have one daughter with us-Anna.Did have the Jack Russel-Bobby,but he died a couple of weels ago at 14 and a half years.
As the name implies,I do own a Ducati 500SL ,very keen motorcyclist although getting a little bit past it now,been through the usual Nortons,BSA's,Honda's,Vincent's,so and so forth.Take a trip to Lytchett whenever it is feasable.Got to know quite a few of the regular visiters at Lytchett.We are always happy to meet newcomers from wherever.
Total Posts: 2
Hi everyone - we our in Northern Ireland. We have some lovely sites here. You should hitch up and come over on the ferry. We love this site http://www.limavady.gov.uk/visiting/benone-tourist-complex/, but there's loads more. It's so safe over here and you can pop over to Southern Ireland and check it out also.
Total Posts: 122
Hi Folks- we are from sunny Southport and there are one or two nice sites in and around our home town.Eating out is very reasonable as there,s so much competion. Oh Mr Porter Id love to visit The Emerald Isle with my van and my father in laws daughter, Tis the ferry fare you see its a far bigger spend on my pension than I orter . £480/ £700 because they measure the length of van and car coupled and charge as much as a tractor and trailer or ar-tic I checked out all ferry routes from Scotland to South Wales fastest and slowest, longest and shortest as Iwould like to go around June / July / August not in the winter when it always rains I worked for 31years on and off in North/South Ireland in the food and drink industry as a engineer and would love to explore some of the places I visited from the banks of the Shannon to Giants causeway Kilarney to Doneygal
Total Posts: 10
Greetings from Wiltshire! I thought I'd come and join you, and see if any of my chums from Club Together post here, too! We've just changed our caravan for a Bailey Pegasus, which unfortunately has some leakage issues, but I'm sure it will get sorted. Since we retired, we love to spend six weeks away on the continent at a time; next year we plan to go to Croatia and Northern Spain, but not on the same trip, I hasten to add!
Hello. Sylvia from Peterborough. I only get on here when I visit my son but we like to read the topics as some of them are very informative.
I've being a member for around a year now and my only criticism would be that there's not enough content on the emails for owners of static homes...the emphasis is more on tourers. Could you provide topics of interest directed to static home owners on occasion please?
Total Posts: 52
Great comment annnee - As popularity of the Club increases we will be looking to offer e-newsletters that cater for each individual membership group, be it tourer, static or motorhome. Look out for this in the summer when the season kicks in!
Total Posts: 4
hi guys does any body no of a good site around darby, near the tram musem i have a tourer can any body help cheers Mark
Hi all. I just browsed the Forum for old times sake. Re-joined the new set-up last June, and it is good to see it growing.
We have caravanned for over 30 years, mainly across the UK but with annual jaunts to the Continent - Italy and Netherlands being our favourites.
Now that our 4 children have flown the nest, we enjoy the comfort of a 4-berth island bed caravan - a Bailey Senator Virginia Series 6. I like the idea of the new Bailey construction but I am not yet convinced that the teething problems have been fully resolved. - maybe in 2014 !!!
Keith and Eileen, south west Scotland.
Hi, we are from sunny Staffordshire and are really into caravanning. We have been caravanning for 11 years now and have had various layouts and berths to accomodate different needs and family. We currently have a lunar solaris 2 2006 model, I love this van, especailly with the fixed bed and bathroom :-) We love to get away as much as possible especailly to Cornwall and the Peaks district. We are so passionate about our caravan and the lifestyle, that we have set up a mobile caravan service and repair business, what better job to have.
Page 1 of 4