General

Faulty eldiss hurricane

Total Posts: 3
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
I bought my new hurricane in July 2010 had major faults since day one.
Dealer and eldiss feel that if they rectify faults that's all they need to do.

No consideration for the owner and distress caused.

2 faults I had concerning an ill fitting door and faulty fridge was not resolved until I took the dealer Glossop caravans to court.

Have had problems with damp since first service.

Time to do something to make them listen
Eldiss have an open day at the factory on 20/21 sept I am going to make my views known anybody want to join me
Total Posts: 155
I may be there it depends on what answers I get.
I once bought a second hand car from a main dealer which had problems that the warranty was meant to cover but wouldn't, so I spoke rather loudly to the sales manager in the showroom, funny thing all the faults were rectified.
It's amazing what direct action can do.
Total Posts: 190
You may wish to try this....I consider that XYZ Ltd are in breach of contract and in breach of my Statutory Rights as a consumer. I refer to the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

I consider the item sold to me is not of satisfactory quality and is not fit for purpose.

With reference to rectifying this issue time is now of the essence and request a full repair within 14 days. In the event you are unable or not successful I will consider the contract to be fundamentally breached and this will be my notice of formal rejection, in such circumstances I will require a replacement or compensation in full.

Should the issue be resolved and re-occurs I will reject the item immediately. This must be to the dealer NOT the manufacturer.