General

UP DATE

Total Posts: 11
Verified
Posted: 6 years ago
Well what can I say just had our first trip out in the caravan I bought about 8 weeks ago and I ask you lot had I left it too late... you were all right we had a great weekend although we did not go far the site at Filey Brigg was great and everything worked in the caravan and we were as snug as a bug in a rug.. I used the carver gas heater during the evening but turned it off during the night so might get one of those oil filled ones I can put on at night and use the site electric.

Can you tell me what you do .. while hooked up to the site power do you leave your battery charger on all the time you are hooked up, on my caravan the lights and toilet are still powered off the battery and sockets and fridge off the main power so not sure if I should just top up the battery for an hour or leave it on all the time and it will cut out when fully charged.

Thanks in advance

Chas
Please correct the mistakes below:
Sorry I think I flagged the item for review in my attempt to add more text to my postings, re my questions I am new to the world of caravans and this was my first trip out so I may well be asking more questions as I go along

Chas
Total Posts: 57
The fitter who services our van has told me to leave the charger on permanently as it has a device to prevent overcharging
Total Posts: 110
I must agree with ken i was told the same just to leave it on and let it take care of it self
Total Posts: 270
Evening Chas, glad to hear you had a great time, you should always leave the charger switched on when plugged into the mains as it is designed just to put charge in the battery as and when needed, in relation to the carver heater, me N 'Er indoors found that if we left the heater on all night it tended to dry the air by the morning. The only other advice I would give is when you get back after your trips out, remember to turn off the main power to teh battery, some of the older swift vans used to drain the batteries if left switched on..
Ozz..
Thanks for your replies, thankfully I did leave the charger switched on all the time we were hooked up to the electric, I had switched it off when I hooked up to tow it home again so that was a good guess, I can't wait until our next trip out now so maybe get off for the weekend in a couple off weeks weather permitting...

Thanks again

Chas
You might also want to consider joining the elddis owners club. They run rallies year round. We also have an Elddis!