General

Another Toyota Recall

Total Posts: 270
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Well, when I thought I'd treat myself to a Toyota Rav to have some Ooomph to tow the caravan I thought it'd be a good idea but after checking on the Toyota website to see if my car is affected by the latest round of recalls, I'm beginning to have second thoughts now. According to the 2 recalls that I've been made aware of in the last 3 weeks my rear suspension is likely to fall apart and the drivers side 'leccy window switch is likely to spontaneously combust, Guess I'd better up my life insurance.. Who said Japanese motors are good value, still at least it's across other cars made by Toyota though such as the Corolla, Camry, RAV4, Matrix hatchback, Vitz and Yaris 2005-2010. I think that Top-Gear have a lot to answer to lying about their indestructible Toyota. So if you have one of the above or are not sure visit the Toyota website and put your reg or chassis number in to check if your car is likely to be affected.
Ozz..
Total Posts: 57
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think you should have second thoughts. We had a Camry for 6 years it was an amazing towcar and gave us no trouble. We sold it when it was 9 yrs old with 130,000 on the clock. As for recalls, they affect all manufacturers but Toyota get a lot more publicity ibeacause of their reputation for reliability. We have Yaris now as our 2nd car and it has been great too. Personally I will probably only buy Japanese in future. The reliability surveys can't all be wrong.
Hope the Rav gives you good service, I'm sure it will.