See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

help

Total Posts: 3
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
we have recently bought a avon landranger second hand caravan and cant get the sockets to work anything off the battery everything works on mains and off a generator and the lights work with the battery the battery is fully charged so i thought it should run a low voltage kettle/toaster we are wondering if we are doing something wrong any advice welcome
Total Posts: 12
I know its stating the obvious but have you checked the fuses. as the sockets will be fused seperatly from the lights
Total Posts: 270
Evening Morris, as previous, check the fuses but take them out individually and test them with a continuity meter, sometimes the little buggers look OK only for you to find that they've got a hairline blow that isn't visible to the naked eye,. I'd also check the fuses as you take them out in case the blades have become corroded slightly causing an open circuit (not connecting), give them a clean with some fine emery paper (or your wifes emery board that she uses for her nails if she ain't looking) before putting them back in. Come back and let us know how you get on..
Good Luck...Ozzy