General

I.C.E

Total Posts: 110
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi all
a friend whos in the police ( please dont hold that against me ! )
has been telling me about a new thing ( well to me anyway )
that they are calling ICE which stands for in case of emergency they idea is that most of us these days have mobiles and in the address book you put the contant numbers of your loved ones or even the wife if you want and that way if you should not be able to talk for what ever reason the services can get in touch
Total Posts: 57
That is a great suggestion, I have done it myself. The only problem is when my wife phones me it says "Emergency Ice calling", this would seem appropriate to those that know her! That is the honest truth, but once again this is a very sensible suggestion.
I must admit i had to think about it long and hard but after talking it over with my friendly handcuff owner he said not to put to much info just in case you should lose or have your phone stolen
Total Posts: 57
Hadn't thought of that, so what do other people think? I must admit to 2nd thoughts now.
The thing is as far as i can see it would be much the same if you lost it anyway i think you just have to limit the info that you put in
Total Posts: 270
Me N Er indoors have been using just the letters ICE for ages in our moblys after I did a First Aiders Course. It's a universal thing that the emergency services will use to contact your next of kin in the (hopefully) unlikely event that you're incapacitated (doesn't work when you stagger drunk out of the pub though as far as I'm aware), you can also use a heirarchy of alternate number (ie sons, daughters etc) by using ICE1, ICE2 etc, gives an alternative just in case there's a problem contacting.
Ozzy