Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

A warm hello

Total Posts: 2
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi all,
On Friday i take delivery of a smelly old Fleetwood Garland. I thought i would join this site although i fear i may be a bit young (mentally) as i have been and still am a member of Japanese car tuning clubs. The caravan i now own needs work and to be honest i haven't the foggiest what i'm doing. I am fairly proficient with cars and imagine my caravan is going to be fairly basic to fix up but will need pointers to get me started. I hope you guys will help so I can stop using a tent when i go to events such as the Superbikes or Formula 1 at Silverstone.

I'm such a newbie i didn't know until today that i needed insurance or even how to erect my orning

Any pointers to get me started?

Thanks and i hope i haven't caused offence on my first post

Dan.
Total Posts: 127
Hi Dan
Welcome to the forum first thing I would recommend before taking your caravan on the road I would get the caravan service. Regarding getting the caravan insured this is not compulsory as your caravan is covered on 3Rd party only whilst being towed by our car.
Total Posts: 190
Hi Dan and welcome. I agree with bigchris63 get a full service done, it shouldn't cost a fortune and will confirm all items such as gas supply, brakes etc are safe. There are many independent service people who can do the work and are cheaper than a dealer. Happy caravaning and don't worry when on site there is always a helping hand....
Do you have the essentials such as a water carrier and waste container or did such items come with the van?
Total Posts: 2
Yes the caravan seems to have come with everything other than a working charging unit.
Now you have taken delivery how are you getting on with the van?
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 4 years ago
Hi dan
havn't heard from you since your last post 3 months ago. did you get your van serviced and road ready, and how did your first trip go