See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

new ford mondeo

Total Posts: 110
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi i am thinking of changing my car i have had a 2003 disco from new and it has been a perfect tow car but i think that it is now time for a change
i am thinking of the new mondeo but i dont know what model to go for
i know that i want an estate and it will be a diesel so ant advice would be helpful
thanks in advance
try 2.0 dci
Total Posts: 270
On the other hand, try looking for a car that hasn't got a dual mass flywheel like the mondeo does, they're hellishly expensive to replace/repair and don't seem to like towing very much, I had a mondeo and don't get me wrong they'll pull a house down and accelerate quickly (depending on the weight of the van) but got rid of it just before the clutch/flywheel went after it started to make noises. If you're still thinking of getting one, make sure you manoever your van with a motor mover or the clutch on the car will overheat & damage the friction plates which are just bonded on especially when you're reversing.
Ozzy
Total Posts: 57
Good advice to protect the clutch, but if you have to reverse the outfit then disengaging the Alko stabiliser wiil further reduce wear on the clutch. This may not apply to other stabilisers.
Total Posts: 4
Posted: 6 years ago
We bought a new Mondeo estate in March 2012 - Model is 2.0l TD 163BHP 250ft/lbs torque - Done 6000 miles during the year with new faultless 2012 Swift Challenger 524 on the back - no problems at all. Returning about 36mpg and is so easy to drive with the new 6 speed manual gearbox. Would recommend the car 100%. Regarding the reversing thing - why reverse when you have a motor mover ?
Total Posts: 270
Ah my friend, the reversing is a man thing, it's like a right of passage or the showing of your tail feathers proving you can do it in front of other happy campers........
On the other hand of course, you can make yourself look a total pillock if you don't get it right... lol....
Total Posts: 314
never had a motor mover, always like the challange of reversing!!!
Total Posts: 314
i wouldn't change from the disco, a mate who has had all sorts of towcars, from an astra to a ford ranger to a nissan navra & he says NOTHING beats the Disco he had.