General

insurance who do you use

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
i have recently insured my rv trailer with towergate insurance and for the insurance i must have a chassis lock (this wont fit on my twin axle rv trailer ) then we concluded that a tracker and thiefbeaters would be sufficiant as its insured new for old 26000,i have recieve the policy and it states unless i have one of the following if stolen wont be insured .
We're insured through the caravan club. Having just had a horrendous accident a month or so ago where the unit was a complete write off I was very impressed with the way they handled the claim and they paid out fairly and quickly so it was an easy decision to go back to them for the new caravan. They insist on either a wheel or hitch lock to comply with their insurance terms
Total Posts: 270
Evening Nicholas, when I tried looking round for insurance the premium with the Caravan Club was over £130 dearer than the equivalent from the Camping & Caravan Club so ended up with thc CCC, heven't made a claim yet so don't know if it was a wise move but most seem to speak just as highly about teh CCC srvice. As part of my cover I too must have an axle lock but my van has this as standard, maybe you ought to clarify with Towergate, they're the only ones that can let you know if there's likely to be a problem with a claim.
Ozzy
Total Posts: 110
we have just changed to TOWERGATE from the caravan club and even with the discounts we used to get it is still £50 cheaper for the same level of cover ( and no i dont work for them )
Total Posts: 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Bakers of Cheltenham
Total Posts: 56
We are through Towergate, they originally wanted all sorts of security, so I got the wheel clamp solid secure. Then when we went to start the insurance, because our caravan is 1990 vintage they were not bothered. Oh well I have a secure caravan
Total Posts: 228
I bought our van brand new and went with Towergate as they were the cheapest I could find after trawling the net for about 4 hours one Sunday afternoon. After a year had passed I was floored when the renewall notice came in, I had NOT made any claims, so again I trawled the net and got exactly the same cover from Caravan Guard for a lot less, so it pays dividends if you spend the time and shop around
Total Posts: 72
I was recommended this company and now have my policy with them..

http://2getherinsurance.co.uk/
Give them a try...
Total Posts: 1
I use coast insurance, very good rate and a sensible approach to allowing a 2 hour period of not fitting a hitchlock / clamp, which is ideal for the services stop overs on route.
Total Posts: 190
I use Lifesure Group 01480 402460. Staff were very helpful and gave good discounts based on the security the van has when compared to other providers.
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 4 years ago
i use simple caravan insurance, seems to be cheapest. £ 154. on a 2013 swift challenger 480