Members:

See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Wild Camping.

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
To the person who posted about wild camping i cant find you on the forum so here goes...i live in Scotland which allows Wild Camping but you must not camp on land that is fenced in ! Hubby and i have just been away for 10 days doin north and west coast of Scotland taking in John o Groats (we stayed on a campsite for 3 days, we then moved on to a place called Oldshormore which is near Kinlochbervie, we pitched on a crofters grazing ground, toilets close by and water and a beautifull beach and pleanty of dog walks too crofter charged us £5 a night, thats for tent,caravan or motor homes, we stayed there for a week then moved on to firemore sands which is near Poolewe another crofters grazing land and wow it was gorgeous the beach was white sands and out of this world! not water or facilites but you can get water in the local villages, so much to see at gairloch,inverewe gardens and more! the charge £2 a night or £10 a week........Wild camping in England is not allowed its pat astronomical fees for a campsite or the back garden im afraid .hope this helps...
Total Posts: 39
Hi, think that may be me you're replying to as I put up a post about Wild Camping.

Scotland (and its' Wild Camping attitude) sounds fantastic, albeit a tad far for a weekend (from Hampshire) but next year a planned trip may just have to be on the cards.

Regards ~Steve~
I was interested to read your comments regarding overnight(wild)camping in
Scotland.With regard to the situation in England and Wales.What is the
legislation with respect to this?I am thinking that the requirement to rest on a long journey, which lorry drivers necessarily have, surely applies to any driver and I wonder if the same justification would be accepted by officialdom in the event of being 'caught in the act'.Do the Police move
RV's on.Could you give me some guidance on this please.