General

lap top? or phone?

Total Posts: 314
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
do you take your lap top or use your phone to get on web when away??
i have net book with '3' dongle for internet.
Total Posts: 88
the i-pad is a far easier option ,also smaller and easier to store/hide.i used to take a mac laptop but found i was spending to much time processing photos rather than having a holiday .
also the caravan levelling app on the i-pad is a dream
iPad every time! I used to use a netbook and dongle but the iPad beats it hands down :-)
i know ,phones are so yesterday !!!!!!!
can't all afford an i-pad! would rather spent my pennys on a new van!!
the way your going you would be better off saving up to replace that warn out computer keyboard LOL
TV & weather has been crap for a few weeks! lol
Total Posts: 270
Use the phone to browse most of the time when we're away in the van but also take the wifes' netbook, we then use the phone as a wifi hotspot to connect the netbook to.. Best of both worlds...
I leave all that stuff at home. My Kindle is the only concession to modern technology (apart from the van itself) and it's just great to take a break from the world. Got back today from 10 days in the new van and already planning our next outing.
Total Posts: 7
I take the I-pad and the laptop,keeps us both amused in wet weather and we get plenty of that
i would sooner use a android tab than a ipad , i couldnt get on with a ipad !!
Total Posts: 190
Posted: 5 years ago
I take my lap top and iphone, if I cannot for any reason get a internet connection I use the iphone as a modem via the 'hotspot' mode.
Total Posts: 67
I cannot get on with a tablet at all. I like a proper old-fashioned key board and the screen up right. I know you can get a prop thing and plug in a keyboard, but then you are back having a lap-top.

We also carry an old netbook I picked up from Maplins that kicks around in the Transit and is ideal for picking up e-mails from outside McDonalds or the like.
Total Posts: 72
iPad and iPhone usually does it for me but do struggle if the phone signal is poor but that's the same for any mobile I suppose...
Total Posts: 51
How about building a custom pc right in to the van. It could be used as a tv. Dvr. Music and radio player.pc. you could take your whole collections of music and videos on it.use it for the internet. The possibilities are endless. Using a micro ats motherboard the thing could be smaller than a standard radio.wireless keyboard and mouse. Its also designed to run on 12 volts. You might be able to do it with a rasberry pi.
Total Posts: 51
P.S. I take all three at them moment but never seem to use them much while away.
Total Posts: 4
Netbook Acer Aspire One 10.1 inch screen and a locg battery life. Will do everything you need, Small compact too !!