General

pitch prices (carry on camping syndrome)

Total Posts: 88
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
been searching for somewhere to go the first week in sept ,don't really want to go to far or pay to much as we are flying off to poland for a week start of october .
now what has amazed me is the rip off prices that some campsites are charging in what is basically the low season once the school holidays have ended .the old adage of pile it high and sell it cheap ,seems to have gone out of the window with some sites (around the lake district ) in particular charging £32 per night .
crazy in this day and age ,anyone else feel the same .i.e i can go to a good site in yorkshire ,near the beach ,clubhouse,hardstanding every pitch ,good shower blocks that have family rooms with baths in and for the same period pay £12 per night .
are we being ripped off ,by the carry on camping syndrome
I know what you mean. I'm spending a few days visiting friends and had planned to take the van and pitch on a site nearby but its actually cheaper to stay in a travel lodge than pay site fees for three nights. It's a crazy world we live in!
rip off britain ,when will we ever learn
Looked again at getting a site nearer home for the start of sept. crazy prices in Wales,it would be cheaper to go all inclusive to the med for a week
Capsite prices are very high here in Scotland too starting from £25 a night depending in what you are living in thats why my hubby and I wild camp as much as we can, thank you to the Scottish governement for allowing us access to all these open areas!
just as a rough guide to what i,m talking about we have booked (albeit a haven site) but got a super euro pitch for £14 a night all in ,and that includes entertainment and large swimming pool complex included + free wi-fi ,not normally my type of site but it was a good price .
just looked out of interest at the site next door to it and for the same first week in sept they want
caravan £25 per day
awning £3 per day
swimming pool £1 per session
wi-fi £5 per day

can all most see the owner at the gate chewing on a piece of straw LOL