General

To Decorate or not? That is the question

Total Posts: 39
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi Guys.. I'm in a pickle.

We have an old 1990 Compass Rallye which we bought a couple of years ago that is now beginning to look a bit tired. We all love the van as it has everything we need, Blown Air Heating, Hot Water 4 burner Hob, Oven, Electric Flush Toilet etyc. etc. The problem is that in places, kitchen area and in a couple of corners the wallboard is stained and wearing very thin. Condenasation (I assume) has caused the 'paint effect' to wear off - there;'s no damp as I've had a meter all over the caravan.

Now, do I repaint the walls? If so, what with? ... What would you do? or Recommend?

Any ideas welcome

Regards ~Steve~
Total Posts: 88
you can buy new wallboards already to mount ,but you would literally have to take the van apart in most cases to fit properly ,so its either paint it (i would go with something like dulux woodsilk) or re-paper with a good quality vinyl paper .
Total Posts: 39
I've thought about new wallboards but I'm not that brave, or talented in the DIY dept. (HaHa)

I think paint is the way forward but it's just finding the right stuff. Thanks for your reply, I'll look into your suggestion.

Regards ~Steve~
Hi
I repainted our old Abbey Lincoln with ordinary white emulsion. It looked fab!