General

Land Rover Disco?

Total Posts: 314
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
Thinking of getting a Disco for a towcar. Not a new one! about a 2001-02 model, anyone got one & what you think of it??
Love, love, love the disco as a tow car! We're on our second disco now, it's a 2005 td5 auto and it tows anything you car to put behind it. the disco is my other half's car and I drive a Freelander which we have also towed with but the disco is better.
Total Posts: 88
they are a great towcar ,but come with a few drawbacks ,
heavy fuel consumption
high tax bracket
high insurance premiums
and on the newer models high service ,parts and repair parts .(older models are beter in this respect)
unless your towing a massive twin axle caravan there are far better tow cars out there
oops forgot to add already had one .so been there ,done that etc
what van have you got to go with it billy .might help then with towcar advise
Total Posts: 314
twin axle bailey, so disc sounds like the one I will go for. use my brothers range rover at mo, would love one of those to!!!
Total Posts: 110
hi i have a 2003 td5 that i have had from new in that time we have been to spain three times toured france more times than i can remember not to mention all over GB from cornwall to scotland and i can say with my hand on my heart ( or wallet if you wish ! ) that it has never let me down and it averages 28mpg towing it just seems not to notice that it is towing !
I wish that I hadn't sold my 300Tdi and replaced it with the awful Auto Td5..... fuel consumption was abysmal..... lots more to go wrong...... and it did.

Kia Sorento ...... much more cost effective

Alyn
Total Posts: 110
so billy what did you do did you get or have we talked you out of it ?