See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Awning pegs

Total Posts: 80
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
hi all, can anyone recommend a heavier duty awning peg, I put up my new Awning for the first time over the weekend but being on a gravel pitch it seemed to have some hard ground underneath, this made it almost impossible to get the standard pegs sent with the awning in to the ground, they were all bending. I was looking around at the other Awnings on site and they all seemed to have a type of double hook with a more substantial pin. What's The Best?
Total Posts: 127
Hi Wayne
I have tried different types of rock pegs over the years and I used screw in type but you need good cordless drill and the rock pegs with the plastic tops break over time. At the moment I am using Tarzan rock pegs which is like a 9inch nail with a T bar welded and I knock them in with a 20 oz claw hammer.
I am paying £1.99 for 6 pegs.

Attached Photos: (Click to enlarge)

ok Chris, I did see the screw in type they do look good and I did buy a new Ryobi cordless drill for the van steadies, I could use this but the ones you have pictured also look good where did you get them? for £8 for 24 seems a good bargain
Total Posts: 190
I have been using Blue Diamond Pile Driver Pro for many years and never had on break or bend. Available at 'The Range' £14.99 for 20 pegs. A really strong peg that I would highly recommend

http://www.therange.co.uk/blue-diamond-20-pile-driver-pro-pegs//the-range/fcp-product/63325

Attached Photos: (Click to enlarge)

thanks Ian ill check them out
well Glow Pro pegs purchased lets see how they perform on the next outing.
also got a peg extractor
Total Posts: 190
Posted: 4 years ago
How did the Glow Pegs fair? Peg extractor a must, wouldn't be without mine.
glow pegs performed great and did give a small light in the early hours having to let dog out easy to remove with the peg extractor as well
My new baby
Total Posts: 51
Have just order a screw in set of eBay as have a bad hand so don't think I can pull out a hammered in peg ?