General

dog abroad

Total Posts: 23
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Me and the wife are thinking of touring in Europe and would like to take the dog with us. Has anybody got experiance of this and able to give advice as to what needs done and recomend sites that are dog friendly etc.

Thanks in advance Jamie
1st things first, make sure your dog's passport is up to date and the rabies vaccination is valid! The system has recently changed but I have always found it best to take our regular flea, tick, worming treatments with us to be administered by the French vet immediately prior to the return journey, that way I know my dog won't react to a different product. Make sure you have a mobile contact number on the dog's collar - one which works in the country you are visiting. Most of Europe is much more dog friendly than the UK and I have never had a problem anywhere on my travels with my pooch - they're not very good at pooper scooping though and thought me quite strange for clearing up after my dog!
Total Posts: 12
can concur with Gnome. Take your fleatreatment with you, which ever it is, as they will chargeyou over the odds for their own formula.
We did find that the worming injection for one of our two dogs was quite traumatic as it stung very very seriously. so insist that they give it orally if ytour dog reacts to the injection and this is acceptable procedure