General

I found I needed a male connector into van and onto the site box but my lead..

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello -

I recently purchased an elderly Maestro camper van converted by Phoenix Conversions IoW but when I came to hook it to Weir Meadow site in Evesham I found I needed a male connector into van and onto the site box but my lead was male one end female the other, which I understand is standard. I also understand that hook up boxes on sites are generally female, so I obviously require a male/male lead. Do you have any idea where I might obtain one? Apologies for obtuseness, but I have only recently upgraded from a tent!

many thanks
Martyn.
Total Posts: 88
any good caravan accessory shop
Total Posts: 270
Or alternatively, if you're handy with a screwdriver, just buy a new plug & swap it..
Ozzy
From a safety point of view I think you would be well advised to go to the expensive of changing your on board receiver to pins.This way there is no possibility of inadvertently sticking your fingers onto live pins at the end
of your input cable.It is an accident waiting to happen as one can easily
plug in the supply end in first without thinking and then you have the possibility to touch the pins on the end of your now live cable.The female end is supposed to obviate this.
event