General

Calor lite bottles

Total Posts: 127
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 4 years ago
A warning to all members when exchanging your empty Calor lite bottles for a full bottle do not swap the bottle for standard bottle as you can no longer swap a standard bottle back at a later date for a Calor lite bottle due to a shortage of Calor lite bottles.

http://www.calor.co.uk/help-and-advice/customer-services/cylinder-exchange-policy

Chris
Total Posts: 80
yeh just been told that calor will not swap a regular bottle for a light one, I just bought a lite so I have one of each but the lite one was a little more expensive and I don't know why
Total Posts: 127
When I asked Calor gas a few years ago why the difference in the price for the same amount of gas they told me that the Calor lite bottle cost more to make and takes longer to test than a standard bottle.
Total Posts: 155
I purchased a safefil gas bottle, it was expensive to buy but it is cheap to refill.
It cost me £11.50 to fill from empty and I can top it up before each trip.
We also use a full size halogen oven and an electric hotplate, saves a lot of gas and when you have paid for electric hookup use it.
Total Posts: 228
I have 2 gaslow bottles in my van, to fll up at any garage forecourt thats sells autogas (which is propane) from empty to 80% fill which is the standard for any gas bottle costs just under £14 (2 x 6kg bottles) as opposed to £45 for 2 calor lite refills