General

Water Containers

Total Posts: 80
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi all, just a question upon our 1st trip out I noticed we used too much water 40l container did not last long, can you get 2 containers and join them to allow double the capacity?
Total Posts: 228
Yes you can but it depends on the containers,We have the aqua rolls and I made up a contraption to syphon water from one barrel into the other as it was being used , you can get a joiner for aqua rolls but at £30 and you have to lay them down they do not stand upright.
Total Posts: 127
Hi Wayne
Take a look at this site http://www.aquaconnect.co.uk/
But it would be cheaper to make your own.

Chris
Thanks guys that's a handy link Chris does it work on any water container with the universal cap? I have a Kampa 40l container
The kampa 40L water carrier is exactly the same as the aquarolls and the aquaconnect should work ok, but as I said the barrels have to be laid down on there sides or you could use one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manual-Hand-Siphon-Syphon-Oil-Water-Petrol-Diesel-Fuel-Liquid-Transfer-Pump-Pipe-/380853284685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58ac9fef4d#ht_2787wt_1143 just put the flexable pipe into the barrel you want to syphon from and the other pipe into the barrel that your water pump is in then pump the syphon to create a flow, however you will have to leave it in the barrels.
Nah RC the siphon seems a little too much hard work after all we are on holiday, think im going to get an aquaconnect one
Total Posts: 155
I also have a 10lt container which I fill at the same time as the aquaroll to top it off after it has filled the water heater.
Just an update, I filled my 2 aquarolls with puraclean so that they are fresh to use and used the gadget that I made to syphon water from 1 to the other as we used it and it works a treat, a photo is available if anyone would like to make one, the barrels remain in the upright position and can be filled individually as nessesary