Members:

See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Dying my caravan curtains

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
Can any give advice to giving my 1998 Bailey Pageant Magenta caravan curtains a new lease of life. I want to dye them but I am not sure what type of dye to use. Rather worried about putting in washing machine with all those studs.
Total Posts: 270
Strange place to keep studs (in the washing machine) have you thought about using Dylon dye I'd check the material compatability before hand though, then maybe hand wrinse?
Ozzy
Thanks Ozzy, Have just finished using Dylon on the curtains and it has worked perfectly. We also managed to dye the pelmets by using a spray bottle on the fabric, did not think this would work but pleasantly surprised, needed several attempts but in the end all looks great. (We did take the pelmets down!!!!).
Very odd having a reply from an Ozzy Osborne, my name is Osborne and was nicknamed Ossy during my time in the forces.
Total Posts: 270
Reported
Glad that all went OK for you, Bit on the spooky side the note about the name, please don't tell me your name is Shaun or I'll be thinking that there is a higher force acting...LOL....