General

Help Wanted

Total Posts: 12
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
I have a Hymer Nova van and i have a problem with the rear off side indicator.It does not work, I have changed the bulb but no joy. The problem is on the van not the car as i have tested the car with a trailer board. All the connections look good and dry. I wonder if anyone has any ideas?
Total Posts: 88
make sure the contacts are actually touching the bulb ,just had similar on a running light ,just needed a bit of gentle bending
Thanks Blackfox, have done all that. I just can not figure it out.
Total Posts: 270
Have you tried using a test light or multi-meter to see if you're getting power through and try to find any breaks in trhe wire, after that, try tracing the wire back as far as you can probing it at regular intervals, just make sure you don't short it out though, if all else fails, back feed a wire from your towbar socket to + side of the light.
Thanks for that Ossy, the wiring is under the flooring so inaccesible. Will probably hav to run a wire underneath as you suggest
Just another idea, there is sometimes a joining block or an on board fuse box for the lights (maybe under a shelf or inside a locker or wardrobe), look in any places that you may think is a daft idea, could there be a junction box inside one of the lockers where you place things like BBQ's, recliner chairs, electrc hook up lead, in the side lockers etc, is there the possibility that you may have inadvertantly dislodged a wire?
Best of luck..Ozzy..
Hi, just an wondered if you'd managed to get any further with the light problem, did you find the fault or manage to fix it?
Ozzy
is it blowing the bulb or just not working?
Appears from the first posting that it just doesn't work.