See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

New Van

Total Posts: 80
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
well finally took the plunge after visiting the NEC this weekend, I signed on the line for a new Venus 490/4, I know I was looking at the Adria but this layout seemed better for the wife and I. I will hopefully be collecting my new van in April.
I also opted for a fitted Solar Panel and I will be purchasing the other items needed when I collect, it seemed to make sense instead of having all this on the finance for 10 years, cant wait, any tips re insurance alarm tracker storage etc will be greatly received.

regards wayne
Total Posts: 127
Hi Wayne
Congratulations I hope enjoy your new caravan,
All need is the sun now and a few cold beers.

Chris
Total Posts: 228
Verified
HI Wolf
The trackers that come with Lunar caravans have a 1 year free subscrption and after that you can either get a 1 year rolling contract or go for the 5 year option, if you can afford it go for the 5 year option it works out cheaper the operations room are pretty good when it comes to the tracker going off, as for insurance it's a mine field out there, I trawled the net for hours and found caravan guard to be the cheapest for my needs, however it might not be for your's, some offer new for old if your caravan is less than 5 years old (which your's is of course) and is available for I think the lifetime of the van provided you stay with the same insurance firm, so fill your boots as the saying goes, storage is also a matter of choice, some insurance firms will not insure you should the storage facility not have security barriers and the price for storage depends on the owner, some can take your eyes out then come back for the sockets others can be quite reasonable again shop around, if you have room store it at home but not on the road or parking bay it's open to vandals.Did you notice the window catches in the venus range they cannot be opened unless you press the red button I have a Clubman SB and will probably retro fit with these type of catches. Also I do not know if the rear corner steadies are the same as mine but I have had to make tube extensions otherwise you have to get down on your knees to locate the winder not very nice in wet weather.
Sound choice in getting a solar panel I have a 40w one just to keep my battery charged it runs a MPPT controlller and as of today 24/2/14 it was putting 1.5amps per hour into the batteries which are currently (forgive the pun) standing at 13.5 volts.
hi RC, I went for a 60w which should be amp le excuse the pun I purchased my van from Holbrook leisure and they are fitting the solar. I already got some Milenco Mirrors hopefully the van will be ready to collect easter weekend which will be nice they told me middle April this will be great as I will be on hols, ill keep you posted of van progress and delivery, in the mean time I will be looking for kitchen equipment etc any ideas and places to go for it? any info will be gladly received

regards
Wayne
well caravan collection day is upon us soon just had the confirmation for 11 April cant wait
Total Posts: 190
Two weeks to go! Good luck with the collection of your new Venus 490/4. Post a picture in the Gallery so we can all see it.
sure will do can't wait
well bummer looks like I may not take delivery this Friday, had a phone call today from Holbrook saying the van is being delivered to them tomorrow afternoon and they cant get it ready for Friday, im very disappointed and I am pushing them. I have waited 6 weeks and it has taken a month for me and the wife to arrange holiday, I have paid 300 on storage 125 on insurance and a coulpe of hundred so far on equipment ANY Suggestions?
Hi sorry to here about your delayed delivery date for your new caravan and I hope they can get your van ready for you the ASAP.

Chris
Hi all, well collected the Venus 490/4 wow its amazing plenty of room for us 2, great fit out could not find any faults so far, had a couple of days at Puddledock Farm and what a great place, people are extremely friendly and helpful the site was fantastic in Thetford Forest, the facilities were excellent, we cant wait for our next outing hopefully end of may if we can, found we need a cordless vac maybe another water container as this we used a lot of, heating in the van was brill solar panel should keep it all charged whilst in storage all in all a very good couple of days.
Great news you have got your caravan sorted all you need is the sun and a few cold beers.

All the best Chris
thanks Chris
well booked up for our next couple of days away may bank holiday cant wait