General

caravan club v camping and carvan club

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
thinking of joining one but dont which is best
iv got bailey tourer
Quite franky Dave they are pretty much the same. Both are quite expensive but what I can say is that the toilets etc from the Caravan club are exceptionally clean. This can make all the difference. Also the Caravan club members can tend to be a little snooty but then anyone can really ..... hope this helps ...
cheers
I would say the CC sites are set out slightly better than the C&CC, i.e. tarmac roads, toilets etc. In my opnion their pitch fees are reasonable when considering what you get for your money and compared to private sites. Both clubs are consistent in presentation of their sites and also provide chance to stay on CL/CS sites. Also provide comprehensive websites with member benefits. Member of both and would recommend either.
We're members of both but we prefer CC rather than C&CC as the sites are nicer and wardens at CC are much friendlier.
We love Best of British and Tranquil Parks. Enjoy!
Before you join one of the BIG 2 did you know that there are lots of other Clubs - have a look on the ACCEO website, special interest groups and owners clubs are ones that come to mind. We could only afford to join one club so looked into both very carefully. We have two dogs and look for sites that will be good for them too. So in the end the CC seemed the best for us as they have over two thousand CL's (5 van sites) all over the country which range from a field to a well tended garden and everything inbetween. It suits us because if the dogs bark we aren't disturbing loads of people just a maximum of 4 other vans and I have to say there are so many of them that its seldom that the one picked will be full. Now that Google Earth is available you can find out what it is going to be like and where it is before you book so you know what you are getting. Also the Club Centres all run rallies from 2 up to 28 nights which any member can join you just contact the Centre's Rally Sec and he tells you who to contact. I tell people to use it like an online travel brochure, choose either the area or the dates you want then see who is going where and when. They are economical plus you can join in the social activites the Rally Marshalls arrange if you want to - they are not compulsory. The ralliers are all very friendly and will help you if you have a problem or you can pick up lots of tips and advice.

As already said the Club's own sites are lovely, there is nothing you can fault them for but you do not have to use them unless you want to.

Hope you come to some decision, or if you are feeling 'flush' join both for one year and then decide which one you like the best.

Happy caravanning!
Before you join one of the BIG 2 did you know that there are lots of other Clubs - have a look on the ACCEO website, special interest groups and owners clubs are ones that come to mind. We could only afford to join one club so looked into both very carefully. We have two dogs and look for sites that will be good for them too. So in the end the CC seemed the best for us as they have over two thousand CL's (5 van sites) all over the country which range from a field to a well tended garden and everything inbetween. It suits us because if the dogs bark we aren't disturbing loads of people just a maximum of 4 other vans and I have to say there are so many of them that its seldom that the one picked will be full. Now that Google Earth is available you can find out what it is going to be like and where it is before you book so you know what you are getting. Also the Club Centres all run rallies from 2 up to 28 nights which any member can join you just contact the Centre's Rally Sec and he tells you who to contact. I tell people to use it like an online travel brochure, choose either the area or the dates you want then see who is going where and when. They are economical plus you can join in the social activites the Rally Marshalls arrange if you want to - they are not compulsory. The ralliers are all very friendly and will help you if you have a problem or you can pick up lots of tips and advice.

As already said the Club's own sites are lovely, there is nothing you can fault them for but you do not have to use them unless you want to.

Hope you come to some decision, or if you are feeling 'flush' join both for one year and then decide which one you like the best.

Happy caravanning!
Total Posts: 270
Hi Dave, I don't think there's a lot in it, maybe worth first off checking their websites as to any places that you may want to visit then check out the prices as a comparison.
Total Posts: 72
Posted: 5 years ago
We haven't bothered with either as there are loads of sites you can go too.. some CC and C&CC let non-members on anyway.. A couple of my friends are in the CC and have loads of issues getting on sites. Many CC members book weekends as soon as they become available in the new year so unless you can plan ahead getting on sites at short notice is impossible
Total Posts: 27
We were members of both CC and C and CC sites but for us we found Caravan Club sites much nicer and also lots of sites to choose from.This year we have had no problem booking when we want to go.But we also use Best of British and private sites too.We have 2 Akitas and have no problems they just love camping and have taken to it very well.Would suggest looking around the area you want and then check out sites.Caravaning for us is a Brillient way of taking short or long breaks and is cheaper too as would have to put dogs in kennels
A little update from my comments a couple of days ago around booking issues with the caravan club, my friend has informed me that members can still book months in advance so making short term planning difficult. Previously members could book every weekend they want and leave it till the last second to cancel with no impact but new this year members are only allowed to cancel at short notice or not turn up 3 times before having to pay for not using the booking.
I hope I have got this right as its info from a friend and not the Caravan Club... I have had a quick look on there website and cant find tis detail anywhere so it may be worth checking.....
Just found this on the CC site...If the member does not show up and has not pre advised us of this they will automatically be noted as a non-arrival in their membership record which will count towards one of the 3 late cancellation/no-show allowances for the year.
Cant find what happens if 3 late cancellations or no shows are logged...
Total Posts: 228
We are in the C&CC, as we are senior members we benefit from sites that give age concessions, I don't think the CC does that, also we have family members that do not have a caravan but use a tent so if they want to join us they can, the CC does not allow tents. We also found out that the C&CC sites are a bit cheaper than the CC but it's a case of you pays your money and you takes your choise.
Total Posts: 314
what i think is unfair is sites that say you have to be members to stay! seen it on CCC sites but don't know if CC is the same? we are in CC & find them very good, one site had a £50 charge if you wasn't in CC so the fee to join was less than the £50 charge.
Total Posts: 88
We are currently members of the CC and can honestly say there own sites are really god and you can expect the same quality on all these sites. We were previously in the C&CC club and found that there were more sites listed but were not predominently based for caravan owners. Hopefully the Caravan Owners club could spend more time increasing there site info and even star rate sites so you could use this site instead
Total Posts: 88
We are currently members of the CC and can honestly say there own sites are really god and you can expect the same quality on all these sites. We were previously in the C&CC club and found that there were more sites listed but were not predominently based for caravan owners. Hopefully the Caravan Owners club could spend more time increasing there site info and even star rate sites so you could use this site instead
Total Posts: 15
We are members of both but generally use the C&CC as we don't like the CC pitch fees, £3.85 C&CC against £10.00 CC (Average) their facilities are allways spotless where we have pitched.Like most things over time some wear better than others a lot of money is being spent by both clubs to make the tired ones better.