General

sat navs

Total Posts: 169
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
i was reading that the highway code has now been amended, and now states, windscreens must be kept clean and free from obstructions to vision. this means mobile phone holders and sat nav devices can be considered illegal and land you with a fine. so be careful out there
Total Posts: 190
Acceptable locations for a Sat-Nav

The following points are pertinent to choosing an acceptable location.
If fitted to the windscreen, it should be low down to minimise the intrusion into the driver’s field of view.
Consider placing it in the lower right corner of the windscreen to minimise obstruction to the driver’s vision.
Alternatively, if this is not possible or practical and the design of the sat-nav mounting, the vehicle and your seating position permits, it may be acceptable to place the unit low down in the centre of the windscreen.
Do not locate units where they may cause injury in a crash. This includes potential head strike zones or on the windscreen or other location where a deploying airbag may contact them. Where a passenger airbag is fitted, this includes anywhere to the left of centre of the windscreen as the windscreen is usually used to guide the deploying airbag into its correct position.
High up on the windscreen should be avoided as this will often interfere with rear view mirrors and sun visors and result in the power cord trailing across the drivers vision area.
Consider where power leads need to run to avoid the possibility of them interfering with or becoming entangled in vehicle controls.
Avoid covering or restricting access to dash instruments and controls as far as possible.

Ultimately it is the driver who will need to determine correct placement, and if necessary, defend the decision should they be stopped by police.
My new baby
Total Posts: 51
If it helps I believe that there should be nothing in the swoop of the windscreen wipers
Even on the dashboard so take care .
Even items hanging of the rear view mirror are not permitted really
Total Posts: 155
That great but as my wipers sweep outwards on both sides that would mean I can't put anything on my screen including a tax disc.
Total Posts: 169
don't worry, after next month you are not being issued with a tax disc