Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Trailer electrics

Total Posts: 80
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi all,
I just purchased a second hand trailer with a 7 pin plug, this obviously does not fit my new 13pin tow bar. so I purchased a 13-7pin adapter but the trailer lights do not work can anyone help?

thanks Wayne
Total Posts: 127
Hi Wayne
My car as a 13 pin socket and I use a 13 to 7 pin adaptor for when I use a trailer they cost around £6
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13-to-7-Pin-Trailer-Truck-Waterproof-Electric-Towing-Bar-Plug-Adaptor-Socket-W44-/320964739783?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item4abafd42c7

I also carry in my caravan a 7 to 13 pin adaptor in case I have problem with my car as my caravan is fitted with a 13 pin plug which cost about the same

Chris

Chris
Hi Chris, I have purchased an adapter but it doesn't seem to work correctly all the lights come on and they all flash with the indicators so something is wrong, it cost £8 and looks like the one you sent a link for, is a 12n standard trailer or could it have 12s? as I have also seen these.
regards
Wayne
Total Posts: 127
Hi I would first check the plug and the lights on the trailer and check the white earth wire as this will cause all the lights to flash when you put the indicators if you have a bad earth. And if every thing seems ok try a friends caravan / trailer before blame the adaptor and buy another type.

Chris
thanks for the advice Chris ill do that
wayne
well finally sussed it out car and new towbar electrics fine trailer electrics shot new ones on the way, no wiring needed magnetic and ready to plug in. happy days
Caravan show nec next week hope we can get a van, downside is wife wants to clear the mortgage and also move this year, im trying to convince her a van is a wise move