General

other equipment

Total Posts: 80
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi me again, what equipment do I need after the extra package, water tank, pipes,electrical hook up, awning, gas, battery, motor mover, etc that you get things like alarm, tracker, where to store, insurance, have I missed anything?
thanks again
Wayne
Total Posts: 228
Posted: 5 years ago
The alarms are sometimes fitted as standard but if not, are an optional extra, normally trackers are fitted with the alarms (sometimes needing an annual subscription depending on the model) but again can be optional or can be a retro fit item (make and model is your choice and can be a fit and forget with no annual subscription) where to store is up to you, look locally if you cannot store on your property but will need some sort of security or some insurance companies will not insure you, again insurance is your choice but would advise it, you cannot forsee whats around the corner so it's better to be safe than sorry, but shop around for what type of cover you require and check different companies for the same type of insurance.
Also if you are getting an awning buy diffent peg types ie rock pegs for different types of ground conditions and also get an awning tie down kit to fit the make of awning you get you will also need a mallet to knock them in, sometimes quite a substantial one just try and knock pegs into hard ground with one of those rubber ones, not a good idea, you will probably need some chairs, make and models is up to you, also a camping table, sometimes the list is endless we have been caravaning now for over 8 years (some people a lot longer) and we still pick up the odd thing now and again. Make sure what ever you get is light weight so as not to go over the MTPLM of your van or the boys in blue will pull you if it looks overweight and do you
Total Posts: 80
Posted: 4 years ago
thanks rcpilot very helpful. tow bar being fitted on 29th nov