Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Televison in caravan with no electric

Total Posts: 27
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi we have a solar panel 40 watts would like to use our 12v
Television in our caravan can we use it and do we need to
Buy anything else to do this? will it drain the battery too much?
Would appreciate how other people watch TV on a non electric
Site

Can anyone help???
Thanks Maureen
Total Posts: 2
We use a television on 12 volt often, all you need is a cable to plug into a 12 volt socket .
Without a solar panel you can easy run every thing 12 volt for more then 3 days with our 80 watt panel we have run over a week, a big saving when on a Cl as low as £3.00! A night.
Total Posts: 2
We use a television on 12 volt often, all you need is a cable to plug into a 12 volt socket .
Without a solar panel you can easy run every thing 12 volt for more then 3 days with our 80 watt panel we have run over a week, a big saving when on a Cl as low as £3.00! A night.
Total Posts: 228
A typical led tv runs on average at about 25 watts, that on average pulls about 2 amps per hour out of your battery so if you were to just run the tv a typical 110A/H battery would last about 50 hours as you should NOT discharge a leisure battery to more than 50% of it's capacity
Mpurdom read my posts on afterfit solar panels everything you want to know as to how much power a caravan typically uses and what size solar panels are required to maintain your battery power.
Total Posts: 6
We have had a solar panel for 3 years. Its a briefcase type. Its really great and we use TV almost every night and morning. Have lights on when we want. I have a generator too but now never take it away because the Solar panel is so good. Make sure you buy a decent size one. Make sure you use a monitor between the solar panel and the battery so it does not keep feeding to the battery when its fully charged Some people have small ones that are not good. I also use a connector to the panel wiring and battery so when on site I only have to plug it in and its done.