See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Caravan winter cover

Total Posts: 4
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Can anyone recommend a make of cover which is worth investing in.
Total Posts: 190
It needs to be breathable. Please be aware that there are many cheaper covers available that are made from materials that will cause your caravan to sweat which does cause long term damage. This can lead to damp....

Finally, you need to make sure the inner layer is made from a soft and lightweight material that will NOT scratch the paintwork of your van. This is crucial as I have seen a number of comments have been posted on forums and caravan news websites where owners have complained about terrible scratching on windows and doors of their caravans.

I dont use one, but I have thoroughly had the van waxed with Mcuires wax to protect it from the bad weather.
Total Posts: 169
i dont use a cover as i have heard that a loose fitting cover can scratch the van. i do the same as ianbax, i cleaned and waxed the van then sprayed it with fentons overwintering wax. i have done this for a couple of years now, and after giving it a good wash at the beginning of the season, it comes up lovely
Total Posts: 5
I have used a cover, but from my experience would only fit it just after the caravan was washed and polished all over. It would only be used when the leaves are dropping, to protect from staining. Do not use the tie down strap to go under the caravan from one side to the other, why? The strap will try to pull the lower valance in( skirt rail) opening a gap between it and the side wall, which can allow more water to come into contact with the floor/wall joint resulting in damp problems on the lower wall and floor. (I use plastic spring clamps). A cover can also mask manufacturing/design water ingress errors, it is after all designed to be outside!!