See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Council Tax - static Caravans

Total Posts: 1
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
In March this year we recieved the council tax bill for our static caravan which we found to be doubled from last year. The Caravan sited on a private piece of land with basic services. No refuse collection or street lighting We only use the caravan for family holidays and it is only used from April - September.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced such a hike in Council Tax Bills
John
Did you receive this direct from the council or from the park site owner. On our site in portpatrick we are not told by the park owner how much we pay and are not allowed to pay direct to the council , wonder how many caravans they declare to the council? I'm all for paying my fair share but feel I'm being ripped off yet again by the park owner
Total Posts: 314
There is a big problem in this area with people selling their homes & then living full time in their static on a 'holiday' site & then when the site closes for 6 weeks they go to a B&B or some go to Spain in a 4 to 6 week 'holiday' let.
They are not paying any council tax but using all the local services that the council provide from the tax.
I have heard that the council are now visiting all sites to get a list that all sites should have on the 'home' address of all static owners.
Posted: 5 years ago
holiday caravans do not pay council tax
the caravan & boats act 1996 prevents this
the commons hansard debate 12th dec 1995 also confirms this