See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Gas Locker door on a 2013 Elddis Avante 462

Total Posts: 2
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Brand new 2013 Elddis Avante 462 with Acyrilic gas locker door snapped off at hinge in the middle of France. Anyone else experienced problems with these Acyrilic doors.
3 weeks later still not got it fixed. Dealer told to source it from Elddis's supplier.
This should not happen & I think there is a design fault with the hinge & the gas struts are too strong causing jamming when the door is closed which is when it snapped with me.
Any comments?
RVee
just had service at local dealer van came back gas cupboard door smashed, dealer not accepting responsibility , elldis only deal with dealers, so you will have to pay through nose for parts, if locker fell off is it not a defect?
anyone got a spare gas locker for a elldis crusader hurricane 2 berth 2012 PLEASE
Total Posts: 228
Just got into a debate with Lunar caravans about warranties and servicing, I do all my own servicing as I have all the industry standard gear and was a service engineer, as I always say when it comes to prized possessions better the devil you do know than the devil you don't, from all the horror stories that come out as to what has happened to caravans after they have left the dealers after a service I would not touch them with a barge pole and what the posts state here only goes to prove my point