Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Beginners help!

Total Posts: 1
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi
We've just bought a second hand caravan (Coachman Laser) and are hopelessly naive about it. Where do we find simple advice on how to set it up for the first time? Water/ waste water? gas bottle/ fridge etc. It's all much more complicated than our old tent and it came without any manuals; neither did I find an idiots guide on the web ... yet. But I'm sure there are many great sources of advice out there ... so help us please!
Total Posts: 190
I would be most surprised if the site owner would not help you, I would suggest when booking that you advise them you are novices and require help. Most site owners are pleased to assist as are fellow caravan owners. A good place to start on the 'tinternet' is

http://campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/helpandadvice/gettingstarted/newtocaravans/

Don't worry ask the question and help is at hand.... In 3 months time you will be advising others!
Total Posts: 6
I would also aim you to the Camping & Caravan Club web site, which will give you a lot of help, but, whilst you are on there, look at the District Associations (DAs) in your area and consider going to one of their weekend rallies close to you. The DA campers are incredibly friendly, often have things going on to keep people amused and, generally, will relish the chance to help out anyone with any questions. You might even find that someone on site has or has had the same van as you and can advise you even more specifically. I hope you won't find the move from tent to caravan too daunting and enjoy your new found comforts. You don't say where you live, but we live in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire and are on the committee for our local DA, so if you're ever in our neck of the woods, we would love to welcome you to one of our meets.