General

leisure Battery

Total Posts: 3
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
HI , I want to fit a leisure battery that will run a bulldog TR20 tracker for 4 months during winter storage. Is there a battery that will last that long? Anything to do with electrical outputs etc. may as well be in Chinese as I know nothing at all on the subject.

Regard
Tommy
Total Posts: 228
From the bulldog website the internal battery is 1350ma it runs for 22 hours that equates to 61ma/h , it would never run for that amount of time with a power consumption of 61ma/h so the consumption has got to be less than that but for arguments sake let's take it as 61ma/h, you want it to run for 4 months that equates to 2880 hours so a battery of 61 x 2880 = 175680ma which is approx 176 a/h you must never run a leisure battery to less than 50% of its capacity so a single battery of 352a/h is needed I do not know of a single battery that size.
The answer is 2 - 100a/h batteries one in use the other on charge and change them over every 30 days approx or a smaller battery connected to the onboard charger that is permanently connected to a 240v supply.
Hope this helps
Total Posts: 155
You could always try a small solar panel to keep the battery powered.
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 4 years ago
my new challenger 480 has a solar panel fitted as standard and it has kept the battery fully charged although it has been in storage since september