See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Ask The Experts!

Caravan window catches

Total Posts: 228
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
The Venus range of caravans from Lunar have windows in them that come pre-assembled from Slovenia, they are lockable by means of a red button, so when pushed the catch cannot be opened, but trying to get who actually supplies them from Lunar is like trying to get blood from a stone they will not tell me.
These catches are a very good security idea and should be put on all caravans, if I can get the supplier I will most definately get some to replace the useless catches already present on the windows, at present someone who knows how to open a caravan window can do it in about 60 seconds and all your posessions are gone.
Anyone know of the Slovenian manufacturer?
Total Posts: 155
I totally agree they are the best catches om the market and they work extremely .
so why are they only on the one range of caravans?
There are other ways of locking the catches, if your van is the out of warranty you could drill a small hole through the catch and insert panel pins or small nails into the holes to lock the catches
Total Posts: 169
i just found locking window catches on e-bay
Total Posts: 2
these are a brill idea!! also locking window catches on the coachman vision, maybe these will fit?
Total Posts: 228
Posted: 4 years ago
Reply to my own post, Kenmore caravans will suppy me with these catches, the buttons are black instead of red, bulk buy 15 needed for my van £120 includes p+p
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 4 years ago
hi rcpilot
i was browsing through articles and found window catches which you refer to are available on the accessory site of caravan owners club at 7.50 each. soory its a bit late but worth knowing