Ask The Experts!

tv licence

Total Posts: 169
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
i heard something i was unaware off and wondered whether static home owners on this site realised. it is if you watch a tv in your static you need a separate licence for your house if someone is watching that tv. i was under the impression your tv licence would cover both situations
Total Posts: 127
Hi
Static caravans, mobile homes or moveable chalets. Your main home’s TV Licence will cover you provided you don’t watch TV in both homes at the same time. In this case you would need to complete a declaration form with the TV licencing department.

Touring caravans / Motor homes and Boats are covered by your Main house TV licence.
Total Posts: 169
hi bigchris, yes that was the rest of the thread, i am not a static home owner but was surprised to read this and thought it was something owners should know
Total Posts: 127
Hi Jim
I did not know about the TV licence issue until a few years ago a friend of mine was staying in his sisters static caravan for a holiday and a TV licencing man knocked on the caravan door asking to see the TV licence. And as he was watching the TV he had to pay for a licence or face a fine. When got back home his sister gave him the money back for the licence.