Accessories

CARAVAN MOVERS

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
I have been looking at movers both cheap and expensive and have decided to avoid the cheap chinese products and only go with a qulity brand.
Having scoured the options I think i have shortlisted the kronings as it has been recommended to me, looks very strong and good quality. I know you casn get cheaper but i know you can also get more expensive butr this looks to be the best value. I also see that you can add electric corner steady motors from the same handset.
Looks a winner and cheaper than the other major brands.
Have ordered a powrtouch which will hopefully be fitted this week. Got a good deal and will comment when we have used it. Good luck with yours.
Total Posts: 270
Have had our Powertouch for appx 6 years now and it's been transferred onto 2 further vans (3 in total), now on a 2012 Bailey Rimini and never had a spot of problems with it so can heartily recommend this brand and now reasonable prices too by comparison to some makes..
Ozzy
I had a powrtouch mover fitted on recommendation (my last van has a Reich) and It is the most user friendly bit of kit ever. Highly recommended. It is no problem to line the wheel up for the lock using this mover, a doddle tonight and, methinks, may just mean I don't need a jack. Oh yes, punctures ...
Total Posts: 2
Posted: 5 years ago
We had a powrtouch put on to our last van - great piece of kit - but sold it fitted to the van last year. In January this year we had a Purpleline mover fitted - half the price and absolutely fantastic - easily matches the Powrtouch. And with 5 years parts and labour, swift fitting service and apparently a very good back up servcie - we've done 1200 miles since start of March and have used it in all sorts of locations and it has coped admirably.
Total Posts: 80
I too am looking for some movers and again spoilt for choice I think the powertouch ones are a little above my price range I have looked at purpleline eco ones these look ok with a good guarantee etc and also the Rhino Mover looks good all from around £500-700 some fitted for that, still not decided yet, however is it just for ease or do you actually really need them? I have had 2 trips out in my new van and have not had any problems reversing so far, to add to this a friend of mine made a silly mistake the other day by hitching up and forgetting his mover was engaged, so upon realising this lept out of the vehicle disengaged his mover only to find he left his car in drive, it did seem funny watching a car and van moving away and him running behind, happily it was stopped before it caused any dammage
Total Posts: 127
I would recommend Powertouch there back up service is second to none. My neighbour had problems with is Powertouch mover because he had not used his caravan for nearly 2 years due to ill health and the movers had seized and Powertouch replaced the motors and gearboxes under warranty with no problem. The only problem I have with my motor mover is fighting over remote and always the wife wins every time lol.