Accessories

bill0198

Total Posts: 4
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a gas adapter for use with continental gas bottles & if so where can I purchase one?
Total Posts: 314
I work for an LPG company, what do you mean by 'adapter?' what are you wanting to adapt?
Total Posts: 4
Apparently there is an adapter that allows you to connect a continental gas bottle to your caravan fitting.If this is so i am interested in buying one for my forth coming trip to France.Obliged if you could throw some light on the matter.
Many thanks
Bill0198
Total Posts: 314
try this company.
www.leisureshopdirect.com/.../clip-on_gas_regulators_and_adaptors.aspx
Total Posts: 19
I would imagine you will get one very easily when you get there they must have come accross this problem before with the amount of caravaners going to france RSpence
Total Posts: 122
Hi billo198 if you go on ebay and put in gas bottle adaptors you will find numerous people selling various adaptors from a single item to refill propane bottles from british garage gas pumps. there again there are people selling kits for filling propane bottles any where in Europe. so have alook for one that is suitable for your needs. I think Holland & Portugal are the same as UK but would not swear on it. I believe it is quite common to refill empty bottles in Europe, but is illegal in UK unless the bottle is firmly fixed to the vehicle and regulated, IE a vehicle that has been converted to run on gas (CAR ETC). Converted vehicles have a special regulator in filler/cap/point that regulates the tank filling to 80% full to allow the liquid gas to expand and gasify for use