See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Accessories

How many water containers do you use

Total Posts: 270
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
I use 2 aquaroll water containers that I swap from one to another in case either me or 'er indoors are using the shower when it runs out, how many do you use?
Total Posts: 39
We have two, but only because when we bought our last caravan it had one included with the sale. We managed perfectly well with just one previously although it is convenient to check the aquaroll when passing and if it's getting low, just swap it over for the spare.
Total Posts: 270
I'm thinking about seeing if I can make up an adapter so that I can use both at the same time,, dunno if it will work but worth a try..
Ozzy
Total Posts: 122
HI Oz, I use two 40L aqua rolls 1 I stand on A frame fitted with syphon hose down to barrel 2 fitted with crystal float valve van pump draws from barrel 2.I top up Barrel 1 using 10L watering can or hose pipe if near enough to site tap The only problem with this is if you have to keep going in to gas locker for bibs and bobs
Total Posts: 56
I use two 40ltr aqua rolls, as above I kept one from the trailer tent and my van came with one. But I have the adapter to connect straight onto a tap. Got my food grade hose from a birthing pool company, it was cheaper than anywhere else.
Total Posts: 3
We use 1 Aquaroll for fresh water. And 1 Wastemaster for grey.
On board we also have a 40 litre tank built in and permanently piped via 2-way valves. It fills from the Aquaroll via the on board pump and the changeover valves. Before evening we make sure the on board tank and the Aquaroll are both full and ready.
When using fully-serviced pitches we se a float-valve in the side of the Aquaroll to hook up to the mains and avoid any flooding risk in the caravan in the event of float valve failure.
Works a treat always.
Total Posts: 2
Hi, we use 2x 40L Aquarolls....again handy when you're having a shower. What would be even handier though is some sort of gauge/alarm to warn when it's getting low
Total Posts: 314
we have 1 x 40ltr Aquaroll for general use but have found that we can buy a 4 pack of 2ltr bottled water from Aldi for 99p! so we use that for drinking & in the kettle.
Total Posts: 122
Hi Billy Totally agree with you there. We too buy the water from Aldi But if coming from home we pick up on our way a 10 litre flagon with carrying handle from local wholesaler for £1 Which we then top up with Aldi water when on site makes BEST CUP TEA.
Some sites water tastes if got Idine? in it. The side effects of using that blue plastic pipe the type they use in central heating which is not Drinking water grade. Bought a electric jug type kettle once boiled it up twice with fresh water third time made tea UGH it was horrible, tried bottle water still horrible so tossed it in the site bin. Got one from Asda for £3 great no horrible taste about 800w still going strong after 4years.
Total Posts: 155
I only use 1 but it is a 50lt water hog, and I have 2 5lt water bottles for drinking water which I fill before traveling.
Then I buy bottled water when abroad usually from the bigger supermarkets, especially when its on offer.
Total Posts: 6
1 40 litre Aqua roll and 1 30 litre white plastic camping water carrier.
Makes my son sweat carrying the white container so he is really enthusiastic in keeping the Aqua roll topped up.
Total Posts: 88
We only use 1 40ltr aquaroll and a wastemaster unit. I find carrying two bottles takes up valied carrying weight and space which for us is very important. However there are some new sites or the bigger ones who offer fully serviced pitched ( i know this is lazy ) but this takes away the worry of carring the bottles or forgeting to fill them up you just connect your hose directly to a tap and run your waste into a gully
Total Posts: 19
I always use two aquarolls and keep them both full in case one runs out in inclement weather RSpence
Total Posts: 72
I have two... one standard and an aqua roll with auto filler for when we are on a site that have super pitch's... but most of the time only have on in use, we only use the water for cleaning post and washing hands... We only have one wastewater...
Total Posts: 190
We run with two 40l litre Aquarolls. I always make sure there is one full one before bed so the shower can be used in the morning. I do not however use it for drinking water. Where possible I use a serviced pitch so it takes away the hassle of filling.
Total Posts: 102
We have an onboard tank but also keep a 25 L water container as well. We usually keep this full so that if the internal tank runs out we can just switch over at the flick of a button. If only stopping for one night we just put water in the internal tank.
Total Posts: 102
New caravan doesn't have an internal water tank so we've just bought a 51 litre waterhog from Towsure. We have always had Aquaroll in the past but the idea of this slightly larger container seemed good as long as its not too heavy to pull along...! Only time will tell.