motor mover

Total Posts: 3
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
have a twin axle caravan need a motor mover which are best any recommendations
Total Posts: 12
Hi i have recently installed a Towsure mover and am very pleased with how it works and was easy to install. Also very good value.
Total Posts: 110
Hi did you upgrade your battery when you fitted your mover ? we told that there was no need to when we had our rhino mover fitted ! but we soon found out that you do need to as it ran out after about 5 mins of movement
Total Posts: 270
Evening morris.. I'd always recoomend an upgrade to at least a 110 amp battery if fitting a mover especially if the van is quite heavy..
Ozzy
Total Posts: 12
Hi yes i would change the battery to 110 amp as anything less and it will flat out very fast.
You know sometimes when you think you've read something only to find at a later time that you din't really read the original thing properly at all, well sorry Morris, should have replied to your thread and said that if you're looking for a mover it will depend on how much you want to spend, whether you're confident to fit your own or would prefer to have someone fit it for you. There are some good buys on the auction sites but equally reasonable priced units on the market that offer a fitting service too, personally I have a powertouch mover that although getting on a bit now (aren't we all) still does a great job. I believe now also that with the decreasing weight of the vans either single or twin axle, you can have just single units fitted to one axle instead of both.
Total Posts: 67
Posted: 5 years ago
This thread is probably a bit cold now, but I'm bored.

I have a single Purpleline mover on my twin axle and it works fine shunting it backwards and forwards, but isn't overly clever turning it, so I'll be fitting the other half at some time. I know that it still won't spin round like a single axle, but it has to be better than what I have now.

I know that when movers are mentioned one make is always regarded as the best, and they probably are, but at what cost? When I get the second Purpleline fitted the total cost will be very little more than one of the other units.
Evening Patrick. I don't have much experience with twin axle caravans but when I used to drive for a well know breakdown company towing a twin axle trailer, I always tried to wind the front of the trailer as high as I could with the jockey wheel to make it easier to manoever, not sure if this may help you..
Ozzy
Total Posts: 67
Thanks Ossy, I'll give that a try. The caravan came with a heavy duty jockey wheel so that might be why.

My previous single axle I used to pull out of the storage spot by hand and hitch up, but this one just sits there and won't budge at all. I suppose I should leran to reverse properly.
Total Posts: 39
There doesn't seem to be much between any of them, but the Powrtouch does have legendary after sales service. It's quite common for them to send spare parts out free of charge for faulty units long after the warranty has expired. They will also price match their competitors so well worth shopping around and asking Powrtouch to match the best price you have seen.

I fitted my own Powrtouch to my last caravan and moved it onto my current caravan. It's an easy job to do and can save a significant ammount of money.

If you were thinking of borrowing the money or putting it on a credit card, Powrtouch also offered a very competitive finance package.
Total Posts: 122
I have a Reich mover on my single axle van and they recommended a battery over 85 amps, but I found my 110amp didn,t cope very well. So I rang up a company in Manchester who told me I need a quick recycle battery IE the type used in boats for starting and lighting they recharge quicker but not car batteries. I got a new 110 battery delivered free for £90 and they took the old one away and refunded me £10 a week later after testing my old battery I have not had any trouble since using the mover.