Accessories

fridge problems

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 8 years ago
we have a 2011 tourer and our friends have a 2007.both have thetford fridges fitted in them.both have broken down in the last 2 months.has any one else had any problems with thetford as trying to get intouch with them is very difficult.
You are right about Thetford contact difficuty but I also has problems and contacted them via e-mail (SIrwin@thetford.eu) and they were very helpful.
FYI the problem with my fridge was lack of maintenance.......Thetford fridges have a history of burner corrosion problems and the replacement of this and a thorough cleaning of the exhaust pipework cured my problem.
Hope this helps!
Total Posts: 4
My Thetford fridge is now 8 years old and twice it became hard to light - cleaning the burner solved the problem. Otherwise it has been fine.
Total Posts: 39
Posted: 7 years ago
The cure all with absorbtion fridges is normally to remove them, turn upside down for half an hour and refit.
Total Posts: 2
Posted: 9 months ago
I am not surprised that they broke because they are built-in. The fact is that most compact things often fail due to the fact that there is little space between the parts and there is no air circulation, and therefore no cooling. So this is normal. For example, we thought for a long time about whether we should buy a mini-refrigerator with transparent glass built into the wall or Display Fridges from https://ianboer.com.au/displays/ and as a result, we chose the second option and never regretted it . So it’s better to take large and reliable equipment!