Accessories

Cannot get a good television picture

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
I have used an old analogue TV for years. I have recently purchased a flat screen TV (LCD), but to our horror only one of can see the picture at any one time. If it is face down the varavan we both get a fair picture if we move towards the centre but if it is face mainly in one direction to get a good picture, the other seat gets a mainly black and white ghost of a picture. Have I bought the wrong type and if so what type should I have bought. We have no such problems with our plasma at home but they do not make small plasmas.
Have you tryed mess with the contrast and brightness?
Yes we have tried this but the screen does not seem to have sufficient angle of reception
Total Posts: 88
i would take this back and change it ,you should get a better angle of view than that ,it does vary from maker to maker so try before you buy
it could be your aerial.we bought a good one from argos and it works a treat!! just point it in the right direction,do a dtv scan on your tv and presto!!
Total Posts: 270
Evening Toz. Have you got the TV sorted yet?, I used to use a square pictured flat screen plasma and never had any problems at all with cross glare but sadly bought a widescreen LCD at the back of last season, bad move, unfortunately got the same problem as you as in the light reflection in certain directions, I presume yours is probably an LCD too?, only alternative if you can't take it back will possibly be to put it somewhere where there is no reflection on the screen from other light sources.