Members:

See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Accessories

Awning Advice - Help!

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
I am looking for an awning for a small caravan with an awning rail 655cm long.

Is there such an awning about?

Thanks.
Total Posts: 88
Verified
ah but do you need a 655 awning (hmmm 12 foot van i think) ,or do you actually need a 750 awning which is the rail plus distance to the ground measurement .it would help to do a google for you van specs and find out the correct awning size .
just had the same problem sort of ,recently acquired a 98 eldiss vogue whirlwind and i was going to buy a Kampa 260 porch awning for it ,but just in time realised i didn't have 260cm of straight rail for it .so last night found a very nice s/h dorema polaris full awning at a good price locally .
also looking for a drive away with a room in? any out there?
Total Posts: 270
Hi Sean.
I have a s/h Dorema size 4 725-750 up for grabs if it's any use to you, live in Peterborough though so don't know how far from you, it's got steel poles & all there, there's a flaw in the rear panel where it looks like someone has removed a label & the stitching has frayed where the centre pole goes through the front but apart fom that it's in good condition??
Sorry, my awning is now sold...
Hi can anyone help ? i have a elddis typhoon gx 4 berth caravan approx 1995 what size awning do i need for it ? and can you suggest a good site for second hand awnings ? thanks v much .
Darren .
Measure Ground to Ground, at the Awning Rail, and that will give you your Awning Size. Mostly in Metric now don't forget
Have a look at the Caravan Club Advertising Board, if you are a Member that is. Could try eBay but........
Could try Gumtree also
We have a 12ft, 20 yr old caravan and we have an awning that we got off ebay. We could not find EXACT size (720 if I remember rightly?) so bought a 750 and it is fine except windows are a bit low on the sides when erected. It is however watertight and perfectly usable !
Hope this helps !
Total Posts: 122
Posted: 6 years ago
GO on the net and type in Dorema awnings. They are in Castleford N/ Yorkshire They have brand new awnings for sale that are old stock IE last years or year before model going cheap. I got 2011 seasonal awning, mat to fit ,2 extra storm poles storm straps quick fixs awning rail clamps free postage for £528 cheapest dealer price £937 + carriage £50 All awnings made in Holland or Yorkshire not China which fade in a couple of months.IF I intend to do a lot of flitting I take my Porch awning but staying put I take My Dorema Still standing after a force 9 last season Great Buy
Hi Sean. Just resurrecting your original post, is the awning for a caravan, if yep, what model is or did you manage to get sorted.?..
Ozzy
Total Posts: 88
If you go onto the caravan club site there is a feature on there which you put your caravan details in and it tells you what size awning you need. We also looked on the Dorema site which is very helpfull as it tells you how to measure the awning rail distance. I would recomment Dorema awnings anyday. I have just had a new one for my sterling eccles , excellent quality at the right price.
Total Posts: 122
Hi di Hi Campers just reading post on awnings I contacted Dorema for advice when wanting to buy new. I was informed to put van on a flat surface and level van up. Then measure from floor to awning rail up thro awning rail to bottom of rail oppsite end of van and to floor. As my drive is not quite level I tilted van using jockey wheel so distance from floor to awning rail was same either end of van. In my case 42 cms then using a piece of none stretch rope fed through rail marked with felt pen at bottom of rail front and back. I then laid rope out on drive placing house brick on each felt pen mark and measured between bricks, which came to 853cms + 42cms x2 = 935cms = size12 = 925- 950cms awning.

725-750=size4 750-775 = S5 775-800=6 800-825=7 825-850=8 850-875 =9

875-900 =10 900-925=11 925-950=12 950-975=13 975-100=14 100-1025=15

I hope the above sizes are of some help to folks wishing to purchase a full awning also a critical measurement is the height from floor to center of awning rail vertically through center line of caravan wheel make sure van is level from side to side. This is no joke the guy in the next van to us ended up digging holes to allow his van to sink so his awning was then the correct height IE so he could tuck his awning mudwalls under his awning carpet, before the bottom edge just touched the ground. He most probably bought the awning secondhand
or van was tipped leaning to awning side when measured. I did not ask him because he did not look in a very good mood.
Total Posts: 102
On the Bradcot website there is a form you can fill in to find the correct awning size for your van.
http://www.bradcot-awnings.co.uk/index.php/4-easy-steps