Accessories

Al-ko Mammut AMS mover

Total Posts: 228
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 4 years ago
Just purchased an Al ko Mammut AMS mover this is the version which requires the chassis to be pre-punched with the mounting holes, got a very good deal from Homestead caravans( as supply only) I must say that I have fitted a few movers to my other vans and friends vans and in all honesty ( even though the manual says that it must be fitted by an Al ko engineer or a service center) it's the easiest mover to fit I have come across, the pairing of the handset to the units takes a bit of understanding but if you go through the stages as outlined in the instructions then there should be no problems.
Total Posts: 80
Hi rc, is this a good mover and was it reasonable in price as I want one but im not sure if its easy to fit or do I get one fitted?
Total Posts: 228
These are excellent movers and fit on any alko chassis made after 2010 without modifying the chassis, they are the easiest movers to fit as well, on alko chassis after 2010 the chassis is marked with a letter "M" embossed on the side beam and is prepunched with holes to take the mover, they are the only movers that DO NOT reduce the ground clearance of the caravan.
There is no brain box in the caravan it is all inside the motor units, the only wiring when you get the cables from each motor unit in the caravan is a positive and negative supply the sensor cable just plugs together, full instructions are supplied with the mover, they are expensive depending on where you get it from but the best deal I got was from Homestead caravans all in delivered £1250 slightly cheaper than some competitors movers. Also they are fully automatic so NO WINDING or LEVERING the units onto the wheels.
Take it from me very easy to fit, very easy to use, maximum ground clearance, in fact just a brilliant mover get one if you can afford one.
There is a video on the net of a chap fitting one have a look.